Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Easy LTCF in Monroe

Hi all. Just recently moved here to Monroe County and after reading the horrors of applying for an LTCF here in Monroe, I was dreading the experience. I also previously read somewhere you had to wait 90 days and show proof of residency in addition to your PA Driver's License (like utility bills, and etc). So I've been waiting for 2 months so far. Just checked back in on Sheriff's website and seems things have changed in that time, new concise info, new application (or at least better instructions and clarity), and nothing about a waiting period or residency proof (other than PADL).

Anyway, long story long... Applied by email yesterday, got an email back this AM:

"Congratulations, your LTC has been approved. You can schedule an appointment to pick up your LTC by phone at 570-517-3823 between the hours of 9-10:30am. BE ADVISED, we are currently scheduling appointments in a block scheduling manner two times between the hours of 10:30 - 11:30 am and 2:15 - 3:30 pm. We cannot accommodate same day appointment."

No appts available until Tues of next week (they do not see anyone on Mondays). And apparently, just show up with mask, $20 cash, and be ready for a picture. Can it really be that easy?!

When applying in NC for my CCW permit, we had to take a class with written test and practical shooting test, submit the certificate of successful completion, be a resident of the county for 30 days (and show utility bills), get fingerprinted, pay the $90 fee, and then wait 60-90 days for your card to arrive in the mail.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Easy LTCF in Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Boris Badenov View Post
    Hi all. Just recently moved here to Monroe County and after reading the horrors of applying for an LTCF here in Monroe, I was dreading the experience. I also previously read somewhere you had to wait 90 days and show proof of residency in addition to your PA Driver's License (like utility bills, and etc). So I've been waiting for 2 months so far. Just checked back in on Sheriff's website and seems things have changed in that time, new concise info, new application (or at least better instructions and clarity), and nothing about a waiting period or residency proof (other than PADL).

Anyway, long story long... Applied by email yesterday, got an email back this AM:

"Congratulations, your LTC has been approved. You can schedule an appointment to pick up your LTC by phone at 570-517-3823 between the hours of 9-10:30am. BE ADVISED, we are currently scheduling appointments in a block scheduling manner two times between the hours of 10:30 - 11:30 am and 2:15 - 3:30 pm. We cannot accommodate same day appointment."

No appts available until Tues of next week (they do not see anyone on Mondays). And apparently, just show up with mask, $20 cash, and be ready for a picture. Can it really be that easy?!

When applying in NC for my CCW permit, we had to take a class with written test and practical shooting test, submit the certificate of successful completion, be a resident of the county for 30 days (and show utility bills), get fingerprinted, pay the $90 fee, and then wait 60-90 days for your card to arrive in the mail.
    It was easier before this chirus bullshit. In Berks County it was walk in, 10 or 15 minutes and done.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Monroe County)

You were reading the horror stories old sheriff Todd Martin. I got my first LTCF under his staff and it was brutal. My wife got her LTCF under the staff of Ken Morris and the change was unbelievable. My experience was so bad, my wife didn't want to bother with it.

I emailed Ken Morris when he was campaigning to ask him some questions and he sent a lengthy email answering all of my questions and he included his personal cell phone number encouraging me to call or text him if I had any other questions.

Yes, it really is that easy. Welcome aboard.
    Street scriptures for lost souls, in the crossroads

(Monroe County)

There was also the matter of that class action settlement...

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Bingo. There have been plenty of sheriffs who "talk the talk" and still think they get to have their own way, but nothing brings them around quicker than having to write a couple of big checks as a result.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Monroe County)

Get there at 0900 unless you like waiting in line. I renewed a few months ago and got there early, 2nd in line, by the time they let us in there was a line that was pretty long, out to the street and around the corner out of my sight.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Even after that, Todd Martin continued what he was doing. People from out of state never returned references. Apparently, they all got lost in the mail. I got denied over it and so did the wife. Wife gave up. I had my references mail the forms to me instead of the sheriff and I turned them in, in person. Then it was "we're not sure if you're allowed to do that". Ken Morris is a way better sheriff than Todd Martin.
    Street scriptures for lost souls, in the crossroads

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by fistv View Post
    Get there at 0900 unless you like waiting in line. I renewed a few months ago and got there early, 2nd in line, by the time they let us in there was a line that was pretty long, out to the street and around the corner out of my sight.
    Thanks for the tip. I have a dr. appt in the AM, so took the afternoon 2:15 slot, but will certainly arrive extra early.

How's parking around the courthouse. Looks like there is only street parking, according to google maps - or is there a lot somewhere nearby?

(Monroe County)

I usually park right across the street, they have 4 small car spaces.

Got mine a few weeks ago, the approval was quick. Less than 35 min. Scheduling for pickup is a bit ridiculous in my opinion, but I'll take it over todd martins BS any day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast