Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Upcoming Classifieds Process and Rules Changes

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    I think people who sell on the classifieds need be paid members.
    I'd consider becoming a paid member if the PM limits weren't absurd. this isn't 2000 where database storage is expensive. 75 PMs for $10/yr? that's crazy...
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Luzerne County)

I can't argue that.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    It didn't go dead. What you see are the actual amount of new interesting posts without the endless bumps of the crap ads.
    I don't know that that is entirely true. I'm in the process of cleaning out my father-in-law's reloading stuff and such that he's collected over the decades. when I'm able to get everything sorted, accounted for and photographed, if it's within a month of my last posting, I cannot create a new thread to list the items. I think per the rules right now, I need to add those items (whether they're related or not) to my old thread and *hope* someone revisits it to see the new stuff added since I can't bump it...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    I don't know that that is entirely true. I'm in the process of cleaning out my father-in-law's reloading stuff and such that he's collected over the decades. when I'm able to get everything sorted, accounted for and photographed, if it's within a month of my last posting, I cannot create a new thread to list the items. I think per the rules right now, I need to add those items (whether they're related or not) to my old thread and *hope* someone revisits it to see the new stuff added since I can't bump it...
    Now if you sell everything ( Btw I saw your ad and I can't believe you won't sell it all...priced very fair,,, just on the wrong side of the state ) can you close an add if sold and then start a new one... or does the month thing still keep you from posting a new add ??
    Last edited by JDA58; August 18th, 2021 at 07:13 PM.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by JDA58 View Post
    Now if you sell everything ( Btw I saw your add a I can't believe you won't sell it all...priced very fair,,, just on the wrong side of the state ) can you close an add if sold and then start a new one... or does the month thing still keep you from posting a new add ??
    all of the primers should be sold this weekend! but yeah, I have no idea regarding the rules!

(Bucks County)

HELP!!!! Can someone PLEASE give me the password so I can delete ads/post for guns I had for sale & are now sold.
    I understand what you are trying to do here but come on, password to delete these post yet you give no info or way to get the password to delete these posts/ads.
    I'm not a big ad lister like "nancy". I just want to clean up my old stuff & have the opportunity to use this system as you have it setup now but I don't see any instructions.
    Help!!!!

(Allegheny County)

It's fucking absurd. All of it.

No point being "nice" about any of this.

I suspect the bigger reason for the changes has to do with the staff not wanting to deal with shit.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

I'd consider becoming a paid member if the PM limits weren't absurd. this isn't 2000 where database storage is expensive. 75 PMs for $10/yr? that's crazy...
    Are you suggesting that the value you get from access to this site isn't even a single dollar per month?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    Just wanted to provide a quick update: I have had a chance to review all the constructive feedback in this thread and chat with Eric on the phone for an hour tonight. A bunch of you have pointed out some really legitimate flaws in the new system that we didn't account for and we think we have some changes that will shift us back in the direction of the old system, but with some changes that preserve some of our original intent here.

The main issues we want to address are:

1. Bumping was useful because it caused old threads to be re-highlighted in bold and made it easier to see which posts have been updated. The new system really screwed up discoverability in this regard and that was just a total miss on my part.
    2. The limitations of the current breakdown of subcategories in the forum. The buckets are too big and it seems everyone would like to see more granular categories of what is being sold making it easier to find things
    3. The fact that a small subset of people are using PAFOA like a personal flea market. While this was never against the rules, it is against the spirit. The intention was not for PAFOA to become a place where people who don't participate in the community can use us to run a side business buying/selling items all day long for free.

We're still finalizing exactly what we want to do, but it probably looks a bit more like the old system with longer bump times and some new rules that will be much more strictly enforced, along with some changes in the categories of the classifieds to address items #1 and #2.

I still don't know exactly what to do about #3, but I do have a question for you all:

At what point does it cross from "I have some stuff I'd like to get rid of a couple times a year to my fellow forum mates" to "I am running a small business and PAFOA is a random place that lets me to dump stuff endlessly for free"?

I'm not sure where that line is, but I know its there ("I know it when I see it"), and it seems like once you cross it, there needs to be a cost associated with it while still allowing for casual buying/selling the way it's always been.

I am very interested in community thoughts on how to address this issue.

I want to thank everyone again for their constructive feedback and patience while we try to find a solution here, and my apologies that we missed some gaps in the plan. But as promised, we will adapt in the goal of getting it all to a point where it works well for everyone.

In the meantime, please continue to follow the spirit of the rules we put in place until we can get them updated again. As before we are going to be lenient in the enforcement, and trust that everyone can keep things to a dull roar while we plan the next set of changes.
    This post needs bumped.

I think A good example of what the line would be is NancyinPA with a thousand posts selling a zillion things all the time.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast