Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Default Re: Upcoming Classifieds Process and Rules Changes

Your intent is note worthy but seems too convoluted.

The old way seemed pretty straight forward to me.

If bumping and hogging up the *prime real estate* was an issue, why not just increase the time limit from 3 days to a week or two?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    Instead of punishing ALL the members here who do use the classifieds responsibly, only limit those who don't

That...is a more equitable solution.
    Since no one will say it, I will. Just ban nancy and other junk sellers and be done with it. Yeah it's annoying seeing same bad deals pop up but it'd be a hell of a lot easy to read through both the classified forum list and the new posts list if we didn't have to wade through 20 odd bumps about 30 year old magazines and random junk (pop rivets and used hose clamps - seriously?!).

There has to be a better way to weed out the bullshit while still letting people post individual GUN RELATED ITEMS items with a description and price. Actually maybe that's the ticket. Keep things the way they are but just shit-can the all/other classifieds.
    F*#K THE ATF

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

I bought lots of cool stuff from the classifieds here before I got trapped behind enemy lines in New Jersey. I hope that when I make a break for the border in the next few months or so, I can celebrate my return to the land of freedom with some more excellent classified purchases.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-five View Post
    I bought lots of cool stuff from the classifieds here before I got trapped behind enemy lines in New Jersey. I hope that when I make a break for the border in the next few months or so, I can celebrate my return to the land of freedom with some more excellent classified purchases.
    Some things that worked in East Berlin during the Cold War: Secret compartments in vehicles, hot air balloon, motorized hang glider, ramming a heavy truck across the checkpoint, swimming through icy waters. Start planning now!
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Dauphin County)

A minimum post count outside of the classifieds or a classifieds behind an annual donation amount would serve far more effectively to weed out the garbage posts than this. How different is how often a person is online changing the *fairness* when buyers and finding that great deal is about being online with the same frequency?

How about even just one simple rule change? You can*t bump a for sale post without lowering the price.

(Bucks County)

I agree with banning the abuse of classifieds by Nancy or whoever uses the forum as ongoing chronic free business advertising. On and on with the same crap. Common sense and courtesy for using the classified is expected and honored by most.
    Quote Originally Posted by KPShooting View Post
    Since no one will say it, I will. Just ban nancy and other junk sellers and be done with it. Yeah it's annoying seeing same bad deals pop up but it'd be a hell of a lot easy to read through both the classified forum list and the new posts list if we didn't have to wade through 20 odd bumps about 30 year old magazines and random junk (pop rivets and used hose clamps - seriously?!).

There has to be a better way to weed out the bullshit while still letting people post individual GUN RELATED ITEMS items with a description and price. Actually maybe that's the ticket. Keep things the way they are but just shit-can the all/other classifieds.
    NRA endowment

(Montgomery County)

The entire issue is Nancy and others bumping junk day after day.

Remove the garbage and the garbage posters.

Or just remove the bumps and call it a day. Along with no relisting items already listed for sale.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    I like the old way better.
    Me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I don't even understand what the new way IS yet.

I guess nobody who was a part of the decision making meeting wants to address this.
    Heh. I wonder why.
    It's not our house, amigo.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    So if I follow you, If I have 4 guns for sale, they all have to go in one thread vs one per gun?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Or if I want to sell some magazines, list them, and then find something else I want to sell... I have to wait a month to post the other item?

I don't follow.
    Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    Regarding new rules #4 and 5, if an item sells, may another item be listed immediately, or must the seller wait until the month is out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlytrap View Post
    So if I have one Tupperware container for sale, and find another one filled with bolts and screws , I HAVE to sell that in one post?
    😳
    Quote Originally Posted by General Geoff View Post
    If you find yourself wanting to sell more stuff, just add that stuff to your existing single post within that month.

Basically this turns your single post in the classifieds into your entire "store". Add and remove items as needed by editing the post.
    General Geoff is correct in the way this is intended to work in the new setup.

Within each Classifieds subsection, you get one thread per month, you can include as many items as you want in it, and you can edit it as much as you want.

The goal here is to find a better balance between people who are constantly buying and selling items and people who are only doing so occasionally.

As we said, we're going to see how this works, if it doesn't, we'll try something else or even switch it back.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by marketermac View Post
    I personally would much rather see a single item per post, with a title describing such. Seeing a page if posts with the title 'handguns for sale' because a seller is only allowed a single thread seems like a step backwards to me.
    The intent is that the title would be descriptive of the items being sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabee CO View Post
    If bumping and hogging up the *prime real estate* was an issue, why not just increase the time limit from 3 days to a week or two?
    We discussed this as a possibility but also wanted to address raise the effort required to re-post slightly.

With that said, if this system really does not work out for people, something like what you described might be a backup plan.

We are simply trying to find a way to support low and high volume sellers in a fair way and want to try this out.

Some of the issues here are that this site isn't really classifieds software, it's just a discussion board, so what we are able to implement technically is a bit limited, but we're trying to figure out what our options are and balance a lot of competing interests at once. We do our best to not make changes often, and to at least try to think them through before we do. My hope is that everyone will give us a little bit of leeway to experiment, even if don't get it exactly right.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast