Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Upcoming Classifieds Process and Rules Changes

This sounds like a typical "punish everyone" in order to address one problematic person.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Carbon County)

I personally would much rather see a single item per post, with a title describing such. Seeing a page if posts with the title 'handguns for sale' because a seller is only allowed a single thread seems like a step backwards to me.

Otherwise I like the 1 month format.

My 2 cents, worth what you paid for em

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Please spell this out in plain English, because this sounds worse than when you shut down political discussions. LOL
    I post in classified rarely (and no one buys my shit anyway), but man, I am COOOOOONFUSED. It seems like it will be REALLY EASY for a person to unintentionally violate these rules without maintaining some meticulous records as to what they've posted, and when.

Having written that...I will go back and read the OP again to see if I remain confused.....

The rules will be updated so that an individual user will only be allowed to have one thread per classifieds forum that appears within the "Default View Age", which will be 1 month. Any user who posts two threads within that window, within the same classifieds forum, will receive a new "Classifieds: Reposting Too Soon" infraction that will result in a 1 day ban and a deletion of all classifieds posts.
    So...this creates an onus on the user to:

1). Before posting, review the section and see if they've posted anything in the last month in that section.

2). Only post one thing in a section per month....sort of locking out high-volume sellers (I'm not high volume, so doesn't affect me)?

3). Lean toward creating vague "for sale" thread titles because they've posted 30 things for sale in their post, since they can only post once per month.

Do I understand this correctly?

Rather than generating an infraction - why not just prevent posting in the forum within the restriction period more than once? When a person goes to submit, decline with a message? Surely this must be reasonably possible? No?

Deleting an existing thread so you can post a new one to get around this rule will result in long bans.
    Can you delete an existing thread for some other reason? For example - suppose you are selling VHS exercise tapes and 12 pound bowling balls in your thread...after 15 days, can you delete that thread and post another thread offering for sale some rusty hacksaws and used first aid kits?

Quote Originally Posted by marketermac View Post
    I personally would much rather see a single item per post, with a title describing such. Seeing a page if posts with the title 'handguns for sale' because a seller is only allowed a single thread seems like a step backwards to me.
    I agree - that's retarded. I'd hate to see 50 "FS: Guns" threads.

On an unrelated note - and maybe this belongs in the "ideas" forum....maybe you could consider creating a "Classifieds Member" section. Charge $50/year (or whatever) for the "frequent sellers" to get the privilege of better posting conditions? Or charge $1/bump or something. Make some revenue for you while you're improving the quality of the classifieds?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by General Geoff View Post
    If you find yourself wanting to sell more stuff, just add that stuff to your existing single post within that month.

Basically this turns your single post in the classifieds into your entire "store". Add and remove items as needed by editing the post.
    Except that if you're 20 days in, and your post has already been read by someone, the fact that you've edited it to include more crap is probably going to go unnoticed.

(York County)

Old way seemed fine to me. When i go to the classifieds, the new posts and bumps are bold, so they are pretty easy to see. If somebody is dedicated enough to log in every 3 days to bump, more power to them. I also find it humorous to see the same ad bumped since obama was president. I guess i just need to get upset about more things.

I didn*t have a problem with the old setup, but I don*t have to monitor the posts*

I would like to see an option to sort by region, at least for firearms. Odds are, I won*t be buying a gun and having it shipped across the state.

(Delaware County)

This plan sounds like you’re just tired of moderating the classifieds and are going to end them.

(Delaware County)

Instead of punishing ALL the members here who do use the classifieds responsibly, only limit those who don't

That...is a more equitable solution.

(Chester County)

I like the old way better.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    I like the old way better.
    I don't even understand what the new way IS yet.

I guess nobody who was a part of the decision making meeting wants to address this.
    Heh. I wonder why.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast