Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't you just start another thread about the Classifieds section yesterday? Shouldn't you have combined them?

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Upcoming Classifieds Process and Rules Changes

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    you don't say, eh? you're kind of missing the point. A 50 PM limit in 2021 is absurdly low. most forum software today defaults to ~500, iirc. I don't mind subscribing to help cover forum operating costs as I know Dan has costs associated with running the site (I run several forums myself), but a 25 PM limit bump for $10 does not incentivize me whatsoever. maybe if he went from 50 to 250, then maybe I'd be willing to spend the $10.
    I 100% agree with this! I started the thread helping people get into Winchester safes that have failed and get a lot of PM's for help, so it's a huge PITA to constantly be hunting through PM's to figure out which can be deleted.

(Monroe County)

New classified rules, the plan that worked as well as the Afghanistan pull out plan.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    New classified rules, the plan that worked as well as the Afghanistan pull out plan.
    Ouch!

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by West Chester View Post
    Someone posting good stuff that is selling quickly great let them keep selling. Someone is abusing the intent of the classifieds timeout for them, after a few timeouts ban. Mods discretion done.
    Where will I ever find more VCR tapes?!? Nancy where are you!

(Chester County)

If we*re going to make these rules permanent, can you make the search feature better so I can search by type of firearm (pistol, shotgun, rifle) or filter by caliber?
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by BionicMan View Post
    I 100% agree with this! I started the thread helping people get into Winchester safes that have failed and get a lot of PM's for help, so it's a huge PITA to constantly be hunting through PM's to figure out which can be deleted.
    Totally not necessary.

The forum lets you download all of your messages as .csv, .xml and .txt. It takes under 2 seconds. You can keep your own private library of every message you have ever sent or received, without having to lose anything by deleting it here.

Using the limitation on private message storage as an excuse not to financially contribute to the site strikes me as just a cop out to avoid admitting one is just a cheapskate. I can't imagine being on a site for 12 years and taking the position that it isn't valuable enough to me to donate a lousy $1/month. I mean....damn. I thought *I* was a cheap fuck. Maybe I am...but at least I'm not the cheapest fuck.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Totally not necessary.

The forum lets you download all of your messages as .csv, .xml and .txt. You can keep your own private library of every message you have ever sent or received, without having to lose anything by deleting it here.

Using the limitation on private message storage as an excuse not to financially contribute to the site strikes me as just a cop out to avoid admitting one is just a cheapskate. I can't imagine being on a site for 12 years and taking the position that it isn't valuable enough to me to donate a lousy $1/month. I mean....damn. I thought *I* was a cheap fuck. Maybe I am...but at least I'm not the cheapest fuck.
    I'd have more time in my life if I were required to pay anything to be here.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Delaware County)

I hate to pile on about these changes being bad, but they*ve really killed the fun of the classifieds. I used to enjoy looking at it and seeing what people have for sale, but now there*s not much to see. I*m moving to NH at the end of the year (live free or die), so it will hardly matter for me in a few months, but it*s sad to see how bad it*s gotten in so little time.

Honestly- if the libs wanted to shutdown private sales, implementing these rules as law would make them more successful than any other nonsense they*ve tried in years. I can*t believe how thoroughly these rules have ruined the classifieds.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by dirty_harry44 View Post
    I hate to pile on about these changes being bad, but they*ve really killed the fun of the classifieds. I used to enjoy looking at it and seeing what people have for sale, but now there*s not much to see. I*m moving to NH at the end of the year (live free or die), so it will hardly matter for me in a few months, but it*s sad to see how bad it*s gotten in so little time.

Honestly- if the libs wanted to shutdown private sales, implementing these rules as law would make them more successful than any other nonsense they*ve tried in years. I can*t believe how thoroughly these rules have ruined the classifieds.
    Sir you have made 14 countable post in 9 years? This forum is hardly about the classifieds
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast