Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 194
  1. #161
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pittston, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)
    Posts
    4,824
    Rep Power
    21474855

    Default Re: Upcoming Classifieds Process and Rules Changes

    At what point does it cross the line. 2 adds up at a time and no more than 10 bumps on an add.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

  2. #162
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lansdowne, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,994
    Rep Power
    3189405

    Default Re: Upcoming Classifieds Process and Rules Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Are you suggesting that the value you get from access to this site isn't even a single dollar per month?
    if I got more than 75 PMs, sure. like I said, this isn't 2000 anymore..
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

  3. #163
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bucks, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    13,096
    Rep Power
    21474864

    Default Re: Upcoming Classifieds Process and Rules Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    if I got more than 75 PMs, sure. like I said, this isn't 2000 anymore..
    You know you can delete them and free up more room, right?

    Also, you can get more storage if you pay more. Or ask people to use your email.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    There's merit to carrying your backup mag in a backup gun.

  4. #164
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    3,140
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Upcoming Classifieds Process and Rules Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    if I got more than 75 PMs, sure. like I said, this isn't 2000 anymore..
    So, the only value you get from the forum is the ability to store private messages?

  5. #165
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lansdowne, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,994
    Rep Power
    3189405

    Default Re: Upcoming Classifieds Process and Rules Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    You know you can delete them and free up more room, right?

    Also, you can get more storage if you pay more. Or ask people to use your email.
    you don't say, eh? you're kind of missing the point. A 50 PM limit in 2021 is absurdly low. most forum software today defaults to ~500, iirc. I don't mind subscribing to help cover forum operating costs as I know Dan has costs associated with running the site (I run several forums myself), but a 25 PM limit bump for $10 does not incentivize me whatsoever. maybe if he went from 50 to 250, then maybe I'd be willing to spend the $10.

    Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    So, the only value you get from the forum is the ability to store private messages?
    I've been around here for quite some time and have thousands of posts. surely I must of seen value in the forum to stick around for so long and have as many posts as I do, no?
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

  6. #166
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    3,140
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Upcoming Classifieds Process and Rules Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    you don't say, eh? you're kind of missing the point. A 50 PM limit in 2021 is absurdly low. most forum software today defaults to ~500, iirc. I don't mind subscribing to help cover forum operating costs as I know Dan has costs associated with running the site (I run several forums myself), but a 25 PM limit bump for $10 does not incentivize me whatsoever. maybe if he went from 50 to 250, then maybe I'd be willing to spend the $10.

    I've been around here for quite some time and have thousands of posts. surely I must of seen value in the forum to stick around for so long and have as many posts as I do, no?
    I dunno, do you?

    The question still remains...Do you see at least $1/month in value to access to the site, regardless of the PM storage situation? If you do, then why not kick in that $1/month? If you don't, then why have thousands of posts here?

    I just don't see how the PM storage account matters. It's just a BONUS for doing the right thing...not really the REASON to do the right thing. It's like getting the little stuffed bear or whatever when donating $100 to the zoo. The bear isn't worth $100...it's just a little thing to thank you for donating.

  7. #167
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Brookhaven, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Posts
    178
    Rep Power
    1053323

    Default Totally confused

    Once again I have to ask.

    If I post something and it sells within the month restriction, am I free to enter a new post?

    I can't get an answer on this one.

  8. #168
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    next to my neighbor, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,409
    Rep Power
    21474862

    Default Re: Totally confused

    I'm glad I dont sell, because its too confusing.

  9. #169
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lansdowne, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,994
    Rep Power
    3189405

    Default Re: Upcoming Classifieds Process and Rules Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    I dunno, do you?

    The question still remains...Do you see at least $1/month in value to access to the site, regardless of the PM storage situation? If you do, then why not kick in that $1/month? If you don't, then why have thousands of posts here?

    I just don't see how the PM storage account matters. It's just a BONUS for doing the right thing...not really the REASON to do the right thing. It's like getting the little stuffed bear or whatever when donating $100 to the zoo. The bear isn't worth $100...it's just a little thing to thank you for donating.
    PM space matters if you want to conversate privately, or, at least not publicly. most bst transactions are completed in PMs. anyways, the point is, if I'm going to spend my money on Dan's site, he needs to entice me to do so with perks. most people won't just continually donate without getting something back in return: more PM space (25 extra PMs is hardly enticing), access to discount codes, access to private forums, etc...

    if you like spending your money without getting back something you value in return, more power to you!
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

  10. #170
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Belly of the BEAST, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    1,877
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: Totally confused

    Quote Originally Posted by puccini View Post
    Once again I have to ask.

    If I post something and it sells within the month restriction, am I free to enter a new post?

    I can't get an answer on this one.
    Just go with yes and roll with it.

    Close the old thread/ask for delete first.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. MONTCO process, explain the illegality of this process
    By joseywales in forum Montgomery
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: September 3rd, 2011, 10:06 PM
  2. Changin Township Park Rules - In Process (Lancaster)
    By keystoneman 85 in forum General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 22nd, 2009, 07:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •