Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Dealers in Philly area for non-immigrant alien sales

Got a PM from a non-immigrant alien wanting to purchase firearms. He has all the proper documentation allowing him to purchase firearms in PA but doesn't know any FFL's in the area who might be willing to sell to him because of the few extra steps needed to complete the sale/BGC.

I do a lot for students here at PSU main campus who meet all the requirements and it's not a big deal but most of the other dealers around here don't want to do it. Why? I have no idea, it's not that you have a lot of extra paperwork to do (although I do attach a copy of the required documents to the 4473 to show they met all the requirements). It does take a little more time because of the interaction between the PICS unit and the INS but it's not a big deal.

Any dealers in the Philly area that you might know of that would take care of him? Give me names and I'll pass them on or he can see them when he reads this thread.

Thanks
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Dealers in Philly area for non-immigrant alien sales

Maybe ask King Shooters Supply. They're very knowledgeable across the board so they might be familiar with the details.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    Maybe ask King Shooters Supply. They're very knowledgeable across the board so they might be familiar with the details.
    Just don't tell the guy to show up with a friend, and then tell the guys at King's that he's buying a gun, but his friend is paying for it with his credit card.*

*There is a review somewhere for King's where the reviewer gives them a 1 star rating because they refused to sell to him because he tried to pay with his friends credit card. They responded to the review that this is a texbook straw purchase.... I wish I could remember where I read it...

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    Just don't tell the guy to show up with a friend, and then tell the guys at King's that he's buying a gun, but his friend is paying for it with his credit card.*

*There is a review somewhere for King's where the reviewer gives them a 1 star rating because they refused to sell to him because he tried to pay with his friends credit card. They responded to the review that this is a texbook straw purchase.... I wish I could remember where I read it...
    well it is and fuck the reviewer

I'm hardly close but would do the sale.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    well it is and fuck the reviewer

I'm hardly close but would do the sale.
    Oh, I agree 100%. There is more to the story.... the reviewer seemed to be a pretentious spoiled brat...

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post

The State and Feds are coming down hard on FFL's for allowing straw purchases. I wouldn't blame any FFL in a situation like that for denying a sale.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Centre County)

Ok, we know what happened once. Can we get back on topic, please? Thank you.

I'm sure there are FFL's in the Philly area who know how and do non-immigrant firearms transfers (and can direct the buyer in what is needed to meet the requirements). I just don't know who they might be, I'm not familiar with all the shops in that area. If the buyer is willing to drive 3+ hours up and 3+ hours back and then do it again when the approval is given, to have me do it, I'm sure he would be willing to drive an hour or less to get it done somewhere more convenient for him.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Philadelphia County)

Perhaps he can try The Bunker Gun Shop in Warminster.
    Email: bunkergunshop@yahoo.com
    Phone: 215-675-3796

I know they do transfers for Green Card holders regularly and have witnessed them do a transfer for a foreign military officer who was detailed to the USAF and residing locally.

(Philadelphia County)

Hello everyone,

I*m the foreign national that Ron mentioned in his original post. King Shooter and Bunker Gun both are now in my radar. Your guidance is most appreciated! Thank you.

As for the side topic in the previous comments, gun store etiquette and politeness are primordial in this business. Lesson learned from third-hand experience. In spite of that, still frightens me that any unexperienced seller might introduce my information wrongly, causing the system to flag me as unlawful or even a potential felon. Certainly the stakes are not entirely insignificant.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by tunibrou View Post
    Hello everyone,

I*m the foreign national that Ron mentioned in his original post. King Shooter and Bunker Gun both are now in my radar. Your guidance is most appreciated! Thank you.

As for the side topic in the previous comments, gun store etiquette and politeness are primordial in this business. Lesson learned from third-hand experience. In spite of that, still frightens me that any unexperienced seller might introduce my information wrongly, causing the system to flag me as unlawful or even a potential felon. Certainly the stakes are not entirely insignificant.
    Welcome to the forum.
    "Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."- Marvin Heemeyer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast