Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Question Steel Challenge and USPSA Practice

Does anyone have first hand knowledge of any gun clubs in Chester County that will allow members to setup and practice for Steel Challenge or USPSA?

I would really like to know about Southern Chester County Sportsman. I am getting into Steel Challenge and USPSA. I have shot a couple matches, but I have not been able to join a club due to COVID. I would really like to know how people practice for these types of events beyond the competitions themselves or basic one lane shooting.

Any information would be helpful. I'm just East of West Chester, so places like Oxford and Pricetown are a bit far for a home club. I also want to get my wife and kids (ages 9, 6, 4) into shooting as well, so family oriented clubs are a plus.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Steel Challenge and USPSA Practice

Have you looked at https://www.nhrpc.org/

We have all kinds of pistol events including USPSA, some steel events...look at our main home page and the calendar...the events are listed on the calendar and home page as they get closer.

There is a waitlist every year and we also have a three visit requirement to get on the waitlist.

(Chester County)

SCCSFA is having a field day on Sept 25 that is open to the public.

Members can be approved to practice action shooting at this club.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post

We have all kinds of pistol events including USPSA, some steel events...look at our main home page and the calendar...the events are listed on the calendar and home page as they get closer.

There is a waitlist every year and we also have a three visit requirement to get on the waitlist.
    I have not really looked into this club. Thanks for the heads up. This sounds promising based on their website.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gripsafety View Post
    SCCSFA is having a field day on Sept 25 that is open to the public.

Members can be approved to practice action shooting at this club.
    I've been to SCCSFA a couple times for Steel Challenge matches. I was just there on 7/31. This club is my top choice, so this is great news that you can qualify for action shooting. Any insider information on new members being added? The last update I received several months ago was the waitlist was 100 people deep and there were no clear plans on how to open membership up again in 2021.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post

I did not know much about this club until you replied to my thread about SCSA and USPSA practice. After looking into the club, my wife and I would love to become members. I saw the requirement for attending 3 events or matches. Do you know more details on what counts as attendance? Does that mean participate in a match or spectating counts?

The membership page clearly states that emails about membership will be ignored.

P.S. I tried to PM you but your inbox is full.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkowboys View Post
    I did not know much about this club until you replied to my thread about SCSA and USPSA practice. After looking into the club, my wife and I would love to become members. I saw the requirement for attending 3 events or matches. Do you know more details on what counts as attendance? Does that mean participate in a match or spectating counts?

The membership page clearly states that emails about membership will be ignored.

P.S. I tried to PM you but your inbox is full.

Three visit rule was instituted due to the sheer number of people looking to join. With three visits under your belt, you can apply to get on the wait list. Three visits can be as a spectator, participant, guest of a member...or showing up to a work day, which also counts towards a visit. Work days are the third Saturday of every month and last about 2-4 hours. Once complete, you can shoot on the range. Sign in is required.

Our waitlist opens up in October...and runs until December 31st.

If you have any other questions, shoot me a pm...I cleared out my mailbox.