Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Wayne County Fair = Gun free zone?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    The Fair has been posted against carry for at least the last few years, to my knowledge. I can't say how long before that.

And...it is not a 6120 preemption violation, as the County government doesn't own the fairgrounds. The Wayne County Cooperative Agricultural Society owns the property. WCCAS is a private, non-profit organization and has the right to set restrictions on their property. It's likely a condition of their insurance carrier. But, maybe not. I know a lot of farmers who aren't pro-carry.

This is unlike the GDS Fair, later in the month, that is held on school property and is subject to the restrictions that accompany school grounds. They even post the gates against carrying pocket knives (although you can buy them from vendors inside the gate not 100' from the prohibiting sign).
    I read that in a brouchure a few years ago and decided not to attend. Have not checked since but am not surprised to learn that is still shows up. Not going to Court to contest it. So, I just don't go. I tend to avoid "Criminal Empowerment Zones".

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by 57springer View Post
    The "knife " part make no sense
    None of it makes any sense.

About the only legitimate reason that I can see for prohibiting lawful carry at these events is to prevent dummies who Mexican carry (can I call it that anymore?), in their waistband with no holster, from losing their sidearm while spinning in the Tilt-a-Whirl or the Salt -n- Pepper Shaker. But, that does nothing for those of us with positive retention.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Wayne County)

Totally agree. It was a curious situation to me which why I posted about it. Positive retention is a must.

(Wayne County)

Do they wand? Are there metal detectors?

i forgot my reading glasses
    The chair is against the wall... John has a long mustache...

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    The Fair has been posted against carry for at least the last few years, to my knowledge. I can't say how long before that.

And...it is not a 6120 preemption violation, as the County government doesn't own the fairgrounds. The Wayne County Cooperative Agricultural Society owns the property. WCCAS is a private, non-profit organization and has the right to set restrictions on their property. It's likely a condition of their insurance carrier. But, maybe not. I know a lot of farmers who aren't pro-carry.

This is unlike the GDS Fair, later in the month, that is held on school property and is subject to the restrictions that accompany school grounds. They even post the gates against carrying pocket knives (although you can buy them from vendors inside the gate not 100' from the prohibiting sign).
    And to be clear, assuming you have a LTCF, there is no restrictions on carry on school grounds.

Of firearms, or pocketknives.

A pocketknife without a LTCF is still up in the air.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12