Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Upper Darby PD transitioning to the Glock45

My younger brother is one of Upper Darby PD’s Firearms Instructor/Qualifiers. He’s also part of Highway Patrol. (Bike cop)
    He just started qualifying Officers and he himself was qualified by his counterpart Instructor. They are limited right now...only issuing to special units, SWAT, etc. This is a pretty big change for them. Going from the Glock21 in 45acp to the G45 in 9mm. Told me he likes it, but my brother is like me in that he can shoot ANYTHING well. I’m all for it! Think it was a smart move on the PD’s part. It’s funny to me, watching many departments across the nation using 9mm in the beginning of LEOs carrying autos...to switching to 40’s, 45’s, 357....all on account of that ONE shootout & subsequent BULLSHIT reports the F’dBI started! Now, many departments are realizing it was all BS and going back to 9mm.

Any thoughts on the switch? Anyone already have it, or looking at the G45 now? Curious of others thoughts.
    Remember Biden the Pedophile! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSRqaO6DXcA

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Upper Darby PD transitioning to the Glock45

While I do not have a G45 I have had my G21 for years.It started as my carry gun before I came to the conclusion that it is a bit big for edc so it has been replaced by G23 and it is now my bedside go to.
    I wasn't aware that UD or any area police departments carried the 21.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

The mayor must be fuming. F-ing bitch.

(Delaware County)

Yup, UDPD has used the 21 for quite some time. My brother is a veteran officer, and it*s been the whole time of his tenure.
    Remember Biden the Pedophile! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSRqaO6DXcA

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    While I do not have a G45 I have had my G21 for years.It started as my carry gun before I came to the conclusion that it is a bit big for edc so it has been replaced by G23 and it is now my bedside go to.
    I wasn't aware that UD or any area police departments carried the 21.
    We carried the G21 out in Bucks in the early 2000's. Not sure if they still carry it or not.

(Bucks County)

I don't see the reports from 1986 technology as bullshit when modern technology has advanced.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

I'm a State Parole Agent. We switched from the Glock 21 to the Glock 45 earlier this year.

Overall I am very glad we did. The only think I don't like is that it's harder to get a good initial grip on the draw with the 45 instead of the 21. I have big hands, and with all the other stuff on my duty belt, it's a bit of a pain. But since the G45 is smaller, it's not as bulky on the belt so that's better.

Shootability wise, I don't really have a preference. I had never shot a Glock or a 45ACP before getting the 21. I liked it A LOT better than I thought I would. I also like shooting the G45. Unfortunately, we suffer the same ammo shortage everyone else is, so I really only got to put about 80 rounds through it, including to qualify. In comparison, I had a few thousand thorough the G21. I really need to get more 9MM and get more trigger time. We do have a tactical shoot training in August so that will be interesting.

All in all, I think I prefer the G45. Currently I am carrying 52 rounds as where with the 21 I was only carrying 40, with a smaller gun and smaller mags.

I definitely want to switch to the G45 as my personal carry gun. It's the perfect size for most days. I currently carry a Springfield XD9 and they are virtually identical. I still want a small something or other for "light" days, but for EDC it's a GREAT gun

And to be clear, this is just my personal opinion as one agent and is not intendent to represent the State Parole Agency

(Delaware County)

I have a friend that is a UD officer. Give them Hi Points I say.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    My younger brother is one of Upper Darby PD*s Firearms Instructor/Qualifiers. He*s also part of Highway Patrol. (Bike cop)
    He just started qualifying Officers and he himself was qualified by his counterpart Instructor. They are limited right now...only issuing to special units, SWAT, etc. This is a pretty big change for them. Going from the Glock21 in 45acp to the G45 in 9mm. Told me he likes it, but my brother is like me in that he can shoot ANYTHING well. I*m all for it! Think it was a smart move on the PD*s part. It*s funny to me, watching many departments across the nation using 9mm in the beginning of LEOs carrying autos...to switching to 40*s, 45*s, 357....all on account of that ONE shootout & subsequent BULLSHIT reports the F*dBI started! Now, many departments are realizing it was all BS and going back to 9mm.

Any thoughts on the switch? Anyone already have it, or looking at the G45 now? Curious of others thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    I don't see the reports from 1986 technology as bullshit when modern technology has advanced.
    Bang you beat me to it.

David H. How is the report BS. And do you think bullet performance has improved from bullets back then such as Rem 9BP ?

(Chester County)

We just switched to the Glock 45s too. We*ve encountered a lot of praise for the decision. I, myself, am very happy to have it in my duty holster.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast