Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fake "pro gun" groups still around

Got another "Pennsylvania Firearms Association" link on my Facebook feed. Not PAFOA, but "PFA". The Dorr brothers, one of their multiple "charities" in many states, which appear to siphon off pro-gun and pro-life money, according to multiple media sources. They find hot-button issues and then insert themselves as players, seeking money and publicity.

They've found an audience eager to hear attacks on RINO Republicans and the NRA, and they've monetized that anger.

https://www.dorrbrotherscams.com/p/c...rothers_5.html

https://www.dorrbrotherscams.com/p/pennsylvania.html

I imagine that many people are confused about PFA vs PAFOA, giving the Dorr brothers street cred for what PAFOA is. In fact, my Google search for "Pennsylvania Firearms Association" resulted in multiple PAFOA hits, as well as some self-promotion by PFA and some exposes of the Dorr brothers.

I can't find evidence of anything that "PFA" has done to promote gun rights.

I found this:
    "PENNSYLVANIA FIREARMS ASSOCIATION is a 501(c)(4) organization, with an IRS ruling year of 2018, and donations may or may not be tax-deductible."
    https://www.charitynavigator.org/ein...etails-section

I have not seen a breakdown of their donations and expenses.

"The Trace" (an anti-gun "news" outlet funded by Bloomberg, basically propaganda, they tried to scam us here at PAFOA before) claims that:

"At the center of the Dorrs* efforts is the brothers* own for-profit consulting firm, which has received huge sums of money from their tax-exempt organizations, fueling allegations that the brothers are deceiving their supporters."

"Tax returns for the Dorrs* gun rights groups show they have seldom received compensation despite reporting that they worked as many as 70 hours per week. One of the few exceptions was in 2018, when Chris Dorr reported earning $30,000 from Ohio Gun Owners. Aaron Dorr has disclosed a total of less than $10,000 in pay since Iowa Gun Owners formed more than a decade ago.

But a closer look through the Dorrs* statements and public records shows donations are steered to the brothers in multiple ways. One of the primary channels involves a for-profit consulting and direct mail business, Midwest Freedom Enterprises L.L.C. The brothers recently cut an hour-long video in which they took viewers on a tour of the warehouse where Midwest Freedom Enterprises is ostensibly headquartered, showing off some of the gadgetry they use to print, fold, and stuff mailers into envelopes.
    "

I can't evaluate that claim. But I'm not seeing any progress in the pro gun fight attributable to any efforts by the Dorr brothers. "The Trace" isn't attacking the Dorrs because the Dorrs are effective at sabotaging gun control schemes, "The Trace" just likes to attack all nominally pro-gun groups. But "The Trace" makes specific allegations which should be verifiable.
    https://www.thetrace.org/2020/06/dor...ghts-activism/
    Last edited by GunLawyer001; July 29th, 2021 at 02:46 PM.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Fake "pro gun" groups still around

Have the Dorrs bought a few million dollar mansions like the leaders of BLM did?

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Have the Dorrs bought a few million dollar mansions like the leaders of BLM did?
    I have no info on that. I have seen evidence of deception. I found a rant that appears to be one of the Dorr brothers addressing the legislature, but a close examination shows that it's just a memo regurgitating the usual pro-gun talking points. ANYONE can write a memo and address it to the legislature, doesn't mean they have any input or influence.

Further, their continuing attacks on the GOP mean that nobody in the GOP will help them, meet with them, or push their agenda. And the Dems sure won't promote gun rights under any circumstances. So the Dorrs have no influence with anyone drafting or voting on legislation, meaning that your contributions to their non-profits likely end up funneled to their "consulting & direct marketing" company, which is where they profit. Like the Clinton "charities". Or BLM. Although BLM is loved by the media, so they're making headway in their insane agenda. The Dorrs, not so much.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Never heard of them other than here.

They had a camera man and were going around interviewing people at the last 2A rally. I stayed away, I didn't trust the guy.

Back of his t-shirt said Pennsylvania Firearms Association. I don't know if it was Dorr himself or not.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    They had a camera man and were going around interviewing people at the last 2A rally. I stayed away, I didn't trust the guy.

Back of his t-shirt said Pennsylvania Firearms Association. I don't know if it was Dorr himself or not.
    Was that the bigger guy that kept going around trying to talk everyone's ear off? and shaking people's hands randomly?
    -Brandon

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    Was that the bigger guy that kept going around trying to talk everyone's ear off? and shaking people's hands randomly?
    Pretty sure, soon as he approached me and Pennrobert, I tried to warn others, such as streaker. He seemed to be trying to bait us into being angry and saying those angry things on camera.
    "Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."- Marvin Heemeyer

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I have no info on that. I have seen evidence of deception. I found a rant that appears to be one of the Dorr brothers addressing the legislature, but a close examination shows that it's just a memo regurgitating the usual pro-gun talking points. ANYONE can write a memo and address it to the legislature, doesn't mean they have any input or influence.

Further, their continuing attacks on the GOP mean that nobody in the GOP will help them, meet with them, or push their agenda. And the Dems sure won't promote gun rights under any circumstances. So the Dorrs have no influence with anyone drafting or voting on legislation, meaning that your contributions to their non-profits likely end up funneled to their "consulting & direct marketing" company, which is where they profit. Like the Clinton "charities". Or BLM. Although BLM is loved by the media, so they're making headway in their insane agenda. The Dorrs, not so much.

Thanks for the Information
    Our brethren are already in the Field, why stand we here Idle?
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

Typical DAILY MAIL (English anti-2A news organization) disinformation, but there's pics of the Dorr brothers
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-country.html

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    Typical DAILY MAIL (English anti-2A news organization) disinformation, but there's pics of the Dorr brothers
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-country.html
    Yep but that is a two year old story.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast