Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: g

Default g

Last edited by Boondox; August 27th, 2021 at 03:52 PM.

(Berks County)

Default Re: GunLawyer or other LAWYERS a semi-gun related thing.

IANAL but I've been around for a few years. You should pay that bill and go after the FFL who stiffed you. Everyone else fulfilled their obligations and it's not their fault. The police should have been contacted immediately when you got stiffed.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

Yeah, I don't see how you can "win" this.
    You can't just "not pay" for a gun you purchased online.

The FFL was the problem here.
    Not really sure how this gets resolved - they have your gun and apparently don't want to deal with you - for some reason.

(Bucks County)

Yeah. State police would have been my first call.

(Butler County)

Ethically I agree with challenging the CC payment, why pay for something you didn't get. But seeing as the online retailer fulfilled their obligation, they should get paid. I'm not sure what dollar amount you're looking at from the debt collectors, but any more you'd need to spend on lawyers/court would be better served going after the FFL that screwed you.

IANAL
    -Brandon

Based solely on what you wrote, you will lose in court.

The receiving FFL was YOUR agent, the seller fulfilled his obligation by delivering to your agent. The fact that you and your agent had a falling out and he seems to want to keep your gun, is not the fault of the seller. You could have sued the receiving FFL for possession, within the applicable statute of limitations. You can't stiff the seller or the cc company because your FFL flaked out on you, for whatever reason.

If you sold a car to some dude, had it delivered to his driveway as he requested, but then his son set fire to the car . . . should you still be paid for the car? Yes, you should.

Bartleby the Scrivener will always lose in court. Problems seldom just go away when you ignore them.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
    reducing the loss is the priority at this point in time as it was then.
    Might be worth a call to their shyster lawyer or the collection agency itself, to see if you can just give them their pound of flesh and make this go away before it actually goes to court. I think you'll get stuck with at least the filing costs if you lose (really not sure if they can tack on lawyer fees as well), never mind missed time from work.

BTW, which shysty credit card company was this?

I have no idea what happened to the pistol , did he sell it , did he keep it?
    Who knows.
    Who knows? His log book knows, that's who! What type of gun did he stiff you on? If it wasn't a very valuable gun, then why? Perhaps serial number 1? Seen it already happen at a now closed store. One of the employees jumped on it. Something stinks and you need to get to the bottom of it.

As for the CC bill, you need to pay it. The CC company is not at fault. Are you willing to destroy credit history over some asshole gun shop? What did the CC company do to you? The gun shop owes you the money, and no one else. The person you need to drag to court is the gun shop. Bend the SOB over not the CC company.

While your at it, you might want to warn others of the gun shop, and where not to spend money. Call them out by name, its not slanderous if its true. Remember the pen is mightier than the sword.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

The paper work I got does mention them requesting any other amounts the court decides for fees and what not in addition to the unpaid balance.
    I assume they will drop that figure at the time of any hearing.
    I am not really looking to put out names but the credit card company was always fine when the cell phone people and what not didn't follow through or I was over charged by someone who didn't want to deal with it.
    Of course they were always small amounts but they got results.
    So good for them on those times.
    I just think the online vendor was too big of a fish for them to fry ...... or maybe I am just in the wrong by their standards.
    I don't think you're ethically wrong. If that FFL was listed on their website, seems like the online seller has a bit of a moral obligation to put the screws on the FFL a little. As I believe you said, the retailer is still using that FFL, so they really didn't give a rat's rear end that you got screwed. Regardless, the courts are rigged in favor of the big guys with big money, and knowing that they may be going after you for additional fees, you still want to go and fight it? You've got to know when to fold 'em.

I'm still curious which credit card company it is, simply because I use credit cards for most of my online purchases, mostly for the peace of mind of being able to dispute it when it goes south like it did in your case. Even more so for larger purchases. There's also a possibility they just washed their hands of their obligation because it was a firearm-related purchase.

Do I still want to fight it?
    You know how people TALK about burning bridges and cutting off their nose to spite their face?

That's not a motto for me. I actually do it.
    No one ever taught me how to STOP.
    That's actually been a good thing , most times.
    Anyhow , you pinkie swear in public you won't tell a soul , and I'll P.M you the credit company.
    I may mis spell it as the name isn't in front of me but it'll be close enough.
    You can stop, it is possible. I know, I used to be that way. I'm glad it's worked out for you so far, because it never did for me. Which is why I eventually smartened up and stopped doing it.

If it's not a major national credit card (I'm thinking it's not, if you can't spell the name offhand), don't worry about it.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast