Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: g

(Berks County)

Default Re: GunLawyer or other LAWYERS a semi-gun related thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    Simply cannot fathom why people come here and cry whine kick complain about a company that fucked them, and REFUSE to name that company. If you see a rattlesnake in the playground, you ARE morally responsible to inform others!

You know what? If you won*t name the offending character(s) then I hope they rape you two or three more times! Is getting raped wrong? YES. Is not reporting it and telling others their name wrong? YES , a dozen times as wrong!!!

So, enjoy your butt-hurt. No pity party is scheduled here!
    Yeah, something about this story doesn't sound right.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Some years ago I bought a pistol from a well known online vendor.
    Some years ago this should have been resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
    . . . Some years ago I bought a pistol . . .

The FFL doesn't contact me and a few days passed and I began to place calls to the FFL about picking up the pistol.
    At this point in time the FFL will no longer communicate with me.
    Nothing at all and then one day later on in writing I am told to take my business elsewhere and they would not deal with me.
    No reason given.
    . . .
    My guess would be that the FFL felt that the number of calls was excessive, or the content of the calls was objectionable.

That doesn't allow the FFL to just confiscate the gun. You can refuse prospectively to deal with customers who you find annoying, but you can't just keep their money or property and stop mid-deal.

The time to deal with that was "some years ago". It might be too late now, but at the time, the OP paid for the gun and it was sent to the FFL at his request. There'd be records of the make/model/SN from the seller, but not so easy to get now. And the claim may be time-barred; PA has a couple dozen or so separate limitations periods, ranging from 6 months to 20 years, depending on the type of claim. Something like this MIGHT be under § 5524, the 2 year limitation, but I'm NOT providing specific legal advice to the OP here.

PA ST 42 Pa.C.S.A. § 5521. Limitations on foreign claims
    PA ST 42 Pa.C.S.A. § 5522. Six months limitation
    PA ST 42 Pa.C.S.A. § 5523. One year limitation
    PA ST 42 Pa.C.S.A. § 5524. Two year limitation
    PA ST 42 Pa.C.S.A. § 5525. Four year limitation
    PA ST 42 Pa.C.S.A. § 5526. Five year limitation
    PA ST 42 Pa.C.S.A. § 5527. Six year limitation
    PA ST 42 Pa.C.S.A. § 5527.1. Ten year limitation
    PA ST 42 Pa.C.S.A. § 5527.2. Mesne profits
    PA ST 42 Pa.C.S.A. § 5527.3. Reimbursement
    PA ST 42 Pa.C.S.A. § 5528. Fifteen year limitation
    PA ST 42 Pa.C.S.A. § 5529. Twenty year limitation
    PA ST 42 Pa.C.S.A. § 5530. Twenty-one year limitation
    PA ST 42 Pa.C.S.A. § 5531. No limitation
    PA ST 42 Pa.C.S.A. § 5532. Absence or concealment
    PA ST 42 Pa.C.S.A. § 5533. Infancy, insanity or imprisonment
    PA ST 42 Pa.C.S.A. § 5534. War
    PA ST 42 Pa.C.S.A. § 5535. Effect of other actions and proceedings
    PA ST 42 Pa.C.S.A. § 5536. Construction projects
    PA ST 42 Pa.C.S.A. § 5537. Land surveying
    PA ST 42 Pa.C.S.A. § 5538. Landscape architecture
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Allegheny County)

It is a mystery to me why someone in the OP's position would not have just GONE TO THE DAMNED STORE and indicated he was there to pick up his gun that was delivered to the store, with proof of delivery in hand.

If the store refused to transfer it to them, refuse to leave. Go ahead and let them call the cops - and when the cops arrived, let the store explain to them why it has stolen his gun.

Alternatively, report the gun stolen, and explain to the cops you know exactly where it is and offer to meet them there.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    It is a mystery to me why someone in the OP's position would not have just GONE TO THE DAMNED STORE and indicated he was there to pick up his gun that was delivered to the store, with proof of delivery in hand.

If the store refused to transfer it to them, refuse to leave. Go ahead and let them call the cops - and when the cops arrived, let the store explain to them why it has stolen his gun.

Alternatively, report the gun stolen, and explain to the cops you know exactly where it is and offer to meet them there.
    Probably because as someone else already pointed out, we don't have the whole story here.
    -Brandon

(Bucks County)

Assuming you have the serial number, report it stolen. As it stands now, if that gun is found in illegal circumstances, you are the owner until investigation discloses otherwise. The FFL could have noted he delivered it to you. How would you dispute it?

I have no idea what a receiving FFL would do with a gun that as a matter of record belongs to someone else. Either the FFL is mentally ill, or there is something missing from the story.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Assuming you have the serial number, report it stolen. As it stands now, if that gun is found in illegal circumstances, you are the owner until investigation discloses otherwise. The FFL could have noted he delivered it to you. How would you dispute it?

I have no idea what a receiving FFL would do with a gun that as a matter of record belongs to someone else. Either the FFL is mentally ill, or there is something missing from the story.
    I think the paper trail would go from manufacturer to distributor to seller to PA FFL and then to whomever it was sold to. The OP is not in that list, at worst the seller might have a record of the OP paying for it and then shipment to the FFL, but there'd be no PICS check or bound book entry to the OP.

So if it winds up at a murder scene or in the hands of a gangbanger, the OP is unlikely to be on the hot seat.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Berks County)

You can bet your left nut that if this happened to me, that store and story (or a link to it) would be in my signature line.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post

Until the FFL transfers it to the buyer, I*m not sure if the buyer owns it. Not a lawyer, but the OP is appearing shady and hiding things.
    I*m always wary when someone begins their tale with: ok, this time I*m gonna tell you the truth, I*m not hiding anything, not holding anything back. Then they go on the old,*names withheld to protect the *** guilty?*

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post

This makes sense to me...

Who is the damned FFL?!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast