Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Guardian Training Center Horror Story. STEER CLEAR.

Here’s my horror story from the Guardian Training Center. I actually broke none of their rules and did nothing wrong and still got treated like crap and thrown out.
    I walked in with a friend and my four rifle cases and initially the staff were very helpful, giving me a cart, and I was expecting to have a good time at a range I had not been to before. I viewed the website and read the reviews and was expecting an awesome time. The range seemed to have the best facilities out of any in the southeastern PA area.

One of the employees said that one of my firearms (a 0.45 pistol caliber Carbine) needed to be looked at before they would let me on the range. I was 19, so I understand why they put my PCC under extra scrutiny.

I open a different rifle case by mistake containing a brand new unfired .22 heritage rough rider rancher carbine and an AR-15. I was going to get the case with the PCC.

An employee looked at the rough rider rancher carbine for maybe 3 seconds, closed it and said “Did you read our rules”. I was a bit confused as to what any problem would be, but replied “Yes”. He said “Only modern firearms are allowed, you need to leave”. I was confused, asking “What?”. He said “This is a tactical training center, you brought an antique”. I replied “I bought it brand new last year, it is a .22 heritage rough rider rancher carbine”.

I was then berated by the employees and threatened with arrest for trespassing and carrying a common M9 bayonet (section 908 of the PA crimes code with his logic would also prohibit the sale of many large knives and small swords in the back of the store that they sell). I broke none of the range rules, did nothing wrong, and got kicked out and possibly banned wrongfully only because of one employee with an attitude problem and an inability to read firearm markings or do one internet search. The old saying don’t judge a book by its cover applies here. Revolving carbines have been made in center fire and rim fire cartridges for years now by manufacturers such as Heritage, Taurus, and Uberti.
    The employees all think they know everything and refuse to think they could ever be wrong about anything. They have massive egos that must be stroked every second they are working. They make you feel like dirt and that you have done something wrong even when you haven’t. The employees are also completely wrong when it comes to actual matters of law. Many of their store policies are also contrary to actual law.
    Of course, I left a scathing review on Google that covers basically everything I put in this post and I am still waiting for a response from the owner (who typically responds to all the reviews).

I was expecting an awesome time at an awesome facility. Instead, I got treated like crap even though I broke no rules and did nothing wrong.
    The facility is awesome, but the employees are horrible. Steer clear.

(Montgomery County)

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Guardian Training Center Horror Story. STEER CLEAR.

They have a long reputation of this kind of behavior

Sounds like they are a bunch of leftist cucks.

(Delaware County)

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who has experienced this. I just wish I could find a range in the area with comparable facilities that was run by decent folk

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralRaptor2002 View Post
    Here’s my horror story from the Guardian Training Center. I actually broke none of their rules and did nothing wrong and still got treated like crap and thrown out.
    I walked in with a friend and my four rifle cases and initially the staff were very helpful, giving me a cart, and I was expecting to have a good time at a range I had not been to before. I viewed the website and read the reviews and was expecting an awesome time. The range seemed to have the best facilities out of any in the southeastern PA area.

One of the employees said that one of my firearms (a 0.45 pistol caliber Carbine) needed to be looked at before they would let me on the range. I was 19, so I understand why they put my PCC under extra scrutiny.

I open a different rifle case by mistake containing a brand new unfired .22 heritage rough rider rancher carbine and an AR-15. I was going to get the case with the PCC.

An employee looked at the rough rider rancher carbine for maybe 3 seconds, closed it and said “Did you read our rules”. I was a bit confused as to what any problem would be, but replied “Yes”. He said “Only modern firearms are allowed, you need to leave”. I was confused, asking “What?”. He said “This is a tactical training center, you brought an antique”. I replied “I bought it brand new last year, it is a .22 heritage rough rider rancher carbine”.

I was then berated by the employees and threatened with arrest for trespassing and carrying a common M9 bayonet (section 908 of the PA crimes code with his logic would also prohibit the sale of many large knives and small swords in the back of the store that they sell). I broke none of the range rules, did nothing wrong, and got kicked out and possibly banned wrongfully only because of one employee with an attitude problem and an inability to read firearm markings or do one internet search. The old saying don’t judge a book by its cover applies here. Revolving carbines have been made in center fire and rim fire cartridges for years now by manufacturers such as Heritage, Taurus, and Uberti.
    The employees all think they know everything and refuse to think they could ever be wrong about anything. They have massive egos that must be stroked every second they are working. They make you feel like dirt and that you have done something wrong even when you haven’t. The employees are also completely wrong when it comes to actual matters of law. Many of their store policies are also contrary to actual law.
    Of course, I left a scathing review on Google that covers basically everything I put in this post and I am still waiting for a response from the owner (who typically responds to all the reviews).

I was expecting an awesome time at an awesome facility. Instead, I got treated like crap even though I broke no rules and did nothing wrong.
    The facility is awesome, but the employees are horrible. Steer clear.
    It gets funnier. The employee threatened to have me arrested for carrying a common M9 bayonet. Section 908, to remind you all again, DOES NOT WORK LIKE THAT.
    Yet on THEIR OWN WEBSITE, they advertise an AR-15 WITH THE SAME bayonet on it AND two AK style rifles with bayonets on them available for rent. Link is below.

I feel a reverse uno card is in order with his logic. The hypocrisy can be smelled the second you walk in the door of that place.

https://www.guardiantrainingcenter.com/rentals

(Montgomery County)

It gets funnier. The employee threatened to have me arrested for carrying a common M9 bayonet. Section 908, to remind you all again, DOES NOT WORK LIKE THAT.
    Yet on THEIR OWN WEBSITE, they advertise an AR-15 WITH THE SAME bayonet on it AND two AK style rifles with bayonets on them available for rent. Link is below.

I feel a reverse uno card is in order with his logic. The hypocrisy can be smelled the second you walk in the door of that place.

https://www.guardiantrainingcenter.com/rentals
    Sooner or later these clowns are going to shoot a customer.

(Allegheny County)

They should change their name to Indian Training Center

(Berks County)

I'm surprised that someone hasn't come to their rescue yet.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

Here*s my horror story from the Guardian Training Center.(deleted)
    As a "horror story", it falls quite short. I mean, no one got shot and killed, or maimed, or anything. Or even threatened with any of the above as far as I can tell. Hell, no one even threw any punches! WTF?!?

This is more like a "bad experience story" than a "horror story".

Very disappointed.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast