Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Guardian Training Center Horror Story. STEER CLEAR.

I don't have a reddit account and it looks like I can read the whole thing. I started to register and they wanted my information but it looks like the users have pseudonyms. At some point do you create yourself a user name?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I dont like overly safe places. Sometimes being too safe is dangerous.
    Yup. Just try using a modern gas can with all the government mandated safety features.
    --ET

(Lackawanna County)

Reddit has powers that gtc does not quite understand.

(Lehigh County)

"Group Shoot" at this place to see how many of us get banned for life ??
    --ET

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    Yup. Just try using a modern gas can with all the government mandated safety features.
    We have one at work. After wasting 5 minutes trying to figure out how to use it to no avail, I unscrewed the retarded 12 piece safety nozzle and used a funnel.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Bucks County)

I really don't want to give their website more traffic, but the owner keeps mentioning that only "modern" firearms are allowed. What is considered "modern"? A lever action built in the last few years is not modern? What if I take a 1911 with me? I have one made in 1918, that is over 100 years old and certainly not "modern". How about a 1911 made 2 years ago? It's modern by age, just not design... just like that lever-action. What about my revolvers, that is a far from "modern" design?

It still astounds me that they have a 4.7 rating on Google. All those fake reviews add up. I think we should put together a peaceful protest on public ground outside their facility. Could you imagine the reaction from management?

from their website, the part of the waiver in question:
    Screenshot 2021-08-09 143657.png

The owner keeps mentioning "tactical" or "defense" in the Reddit post. Not mentioned in the waiver on type.
    Last edited by bigdawgbeav; August 9th, 2021 at 02:37 PM.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    I really don't want to give their website more traffic, but the owner keeps mentioning that only "modern" firearms are allowed. What is considered "modern"? A lever action built in the last few years is not modern? What if I take a 1911 with me? I have one made in 1918, that is over 100 years old and certainly not "modern". How about a 1911 made 2 years ago? It's modern by age, just not design... just like that lever-action. What about my revolvers, that is a far from "modern" design?

It still astounds me that they have a 4.7 rating on Google. All those fake reviews add up. I think we should put together a peaceful protest on public ground outside their facility. Could you imagine the reaction from management?

The owner keeps mentioning "tactical" or "defense" in the Reddit post. Not mentioned in the waiver on type.
    Sounds pretty tacticool. Wannabes need only apply.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post

I suspect in this case its a matter of the employee not knowing what he was talking about and the owner now unwilling to admit that his kingdom is fallible. I wonder how long its going to take him to realize that a couple dozen fake accounts aren't going to be able to put up much of a fight against a couple hundred real ones?

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by uniballin View Post
    The psycho owner losing his shit on reddit. Guy is unhinged:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PAguns/comm...y_steer_clear/
    He is a wacko....

(Bucks County)

Not to play Devil's Advocate, but I think I finally figured out what the "owner" (since he keeps denying he is) is actually referencing a different rule in the waiver. He repeatedly references "at the top", "in red". So looking over the waiver I couldn't see there the "modern firearms" was in red. So I have come to the conclusion that the OP was banned because dared to "argue" with the staff member about the age of the rifle.
    Screenshot 2021-08-10 081519.jpg

Since I wasn't there I cannot make a determination about whether is was an argument or not. Just based on the current testimony it doesn't seem like it. If it was explained that the rifle was actually brand new and not an antique calmly and rationally then I don't see that as arguing. That is simply pointing out an oversight on the staff member's part. If the staff member escalated to argument, that isn't the OPs fault.

Now, I am all for having a rule about not arguing with the staff when it comes to range safety. It's the same thing in the competitions that I frequent. Don't argue with the RO over safety. Comply and figure it out when not holding a loaded gun in your hands. (I was actually guilty of not following my own rules this past weekend at a match. However, it wasn't over anything "unsafe" just a rule that the RO was unfamiliar with and tried to hassle me about it. A quick explanation and consultation with the other ROs on the stage confirmed I was correct) But, in this case, nothing was being argued about safety. I understand that they are concerned about the integrity of older firearms, but this was not "old", just "old-looking". So, again, I don't see this as an argument about safety, just an "argument" about equipment that had the staff member inspected the rifle they would have seen that it was new and not an "antique".
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast