Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Finito! Beretta AR70/90 build!

Very, VERY cool my friend! I love it! The project as it is, I mean. No interest in having one. But I don*t collect. The work you put into it though, WOW! I*m super impressed with your welding & machining. Glad to meet a fellow Hobbyist machinist. I*d love to build one, but I can*t TIG anymore. (Kinda difficult with ONE arm, LOL). And honestly, I only build the things I want anymore....when I*m physically able.

The AR70/90 always struck me as the illegitimate bastard child of an unholy coupling between the AK47 & AR15! Oh yeah they are heavy! A variant of these was the AS70/90, Squad Automatic Weapon. Used as Light Machine Gun with only a few changes. Receiver, gas system, barrel all the same, and obviously where the bulk of the weight is. Very cool....a rare build indeed. Good stuff Josh.
    Remember Biden the Pedophile! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSRqaO6DXcA

(Washington County)

Thank you very much!

I think a MIG welder is what you need. A MIG welder can complete builds like this.

(Delaware County)

Oh yeah..I know. I can still make make do with Mig & Arc welding. But I would only trust intricate work to TIG. Just my take. I only ever had a basic welding prowess at that. I could do what needed done. Lost interest since being disabled & paralyzed. Machining is more my go to.

I was going to point out as to your initial post of wanting more of a challenge. Have you built a 1911 yet? Most time consuming, need for attention base projects for me. Nearly every part needs hand fit. It*s a great exercise in patience. Just slowing down your work.

Sorry, I*m off on a tangent. Just thought I*d bring it up to you if you have or haven*t.

(Washington County)

I’ve done a lot of builds and mods, but I have not built a 1911. I’ve tweaked an extractor but that’s it. I have to admit, the 1911 doesn’t really spark my flame. Pistols in general don’t. I shoot pistols more than anything, but I just don’t want to build them. I’m just into rifle, subgun, and belt fed clones. For now at least.

(Delaware County)

Oh I get it man! Like I said, I only build the firearms I WANT anymore. Besides that I*ve found machining small replacement parts is fun. Limited of course, using a small manual mill. (I want a CNC badly!), but fun enough.

(Washington County)

Got a sling from an ebay seller in Slovenia. Most expensive sling I have ever purchased, but I like having the right slings on rifles.

The Beretta has been very fun to shoot.

The inert/non-firing dummy tubes are for fun photos.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12