Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Clearfield County)

Default Re: Has anybody modified a 10 round magazine?

Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post
    I hear you about keeping a bunch of magazines. I minimally keep 5 on hand sand usually it is more.

It wouldn't bother me so much except that i have the subcompact version of the gun i just bought. It comes with 13 round magazines. The full size has 17. The subcompact can accept the full size magazines. But it makes no sense since the flush fit magazines hold more.

I was explaining this to a friend yesterday and he (new to guns) said with a puzzled look, "so 10 rounds make a gun safer?"

I just want to stick it to those magazines for even existing. I don't plan to carry this gun. Although i guess it could happen. So capacity isn't really a big deal.

-Zach
    What gun is it?

I tried it with an xd mag, you have to watch the transition where it starts to taper or the rounds get hung up. A flat file can take care of the inside burrs . It's not really worth the time imo.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

From what I have heard, I, too, think it is probably not worth the time to tinker with them. I'm pretty sure Glock makes its 10 round mags so they cant be reversed. Oppressive states like NJ claim that the mags need permanent blocks to limit them to 10 rounds. They do have a different feel to them than a 15 or 17 round mag, although I have never taken a 10 round mag apart.

I bought some cheap on ebay about 7 or 8 years ago for range use, but they came in handy now that I am behind enemy lines in New Jersey.

I second the option of selling them on ebay. They are of course selling for way more now than when I bought them.

(York County)

Back in Maryland, this is a common practice. Some mags are custom designed and not modable.

But the ones that just crimp a standard size mag are modified to take out the crimp all the time in restricted states.

Some people would actually drive up to PA to do the modification then take it back to MD because that is 100% legal, where making the mod in MD could be considered "manufacturing" a high capacity magazine.

That being said....you don't live in MD. You live in a free state. (Not THE Free State....ironic) so just buy a standard capacity mag that works properly with no chance of defect due to the modification.

(Montgomery County)

Keep em for range use or even IDPA. Or try your Dremel idea and if you break them who cares.

Or sell them on eBay/GunBroker. Obviously no market for them locally.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    What gun is it?
    Beretta px4. I know. Probably the most anticlimactic option out there. Sure it is ugly, but it is a great shooting pistol!

-Zach

(Clearfield County)

Beretta px4. I know. Probably the most anticlimactic option out there. Sure it is ugly, but it is a great shooting pistol!

-Zach
    You could probably get $50-$60 for the pair on ebay, I don't know, seems like the wiser choice to me.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    You could probably get $50-$60 for the pair on ebay, I don't know, seems like the wiser choice to me.
    I haven't used eBay in at least 7 years. And it has probably been longer. I don't see why people would pay that much for magazines that can be bought brand new for like 30$ each or less on sale.

-Zach

(Clearfield County)

I haven't used eBay in at least 7 years. And it has probably been longer. I don't see why people would pay that much for magazines that can be bought brand new for like 30$ each or less on sale.

-Zach
    Same reason they're willing to spend $150 on some discontinued lego set or $50 for a christmas blow mold.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12