I’ve wanted to extend the length of reach on my bipod for years. And after seeing the Versa-pod Spigot idea, it seemed a perfect solution....not to mention, great looking. So I finally got to work like a week ago, designing my own. Because spending a few hundred $$ on it seems wasteful. To someone like me anyway...who likes to makes things. Sorry if my “poor man’s” machining doesn’t pass muster of some. Luckily, I have plenty of Billet Aluminum from projects over the years. Had a large piece of .5” thick 2024-T3(my favorite Aluminum Alloy) cut about a 6” long section & machined & surfaced to width of 3” Picatinny rail using my “lowly” HF milling machine... that I’ve added 100lbs of weight & reinforcement to, custom cog-belt drive, 1hp servo motor, larger ACME Lead Screws and Angular contact bearings...among other things.. I then put a slight dish in the top surface to give plenty of free float room for the barrel. Drilled/tapped 10-24 thread for the Picatinny rail & M5-.8 for the forearm attachment, because I already had some Titanium M5 button head screws.

Was originally planning to epoxy bed the Spigot in place, as the Chassis forearm was uneven on the inside edge. I instead just epoxied the surface & sanded smooth. Everything painted with good old VHT.

I do like the end result. Came out precisely as intended. Good bit more bipod reach and subsequently the added leverage for support. Which ain't a bad deal considering I only have one arm/hand to hold onto it with. BTW, this is my built Savage. It started life as a Model 10 Youth in 243Win. I stripped it all down & “Backyard Blueprinted” the Action. It’s sporting a 26” Shilen barrel in 260Rem, and wrapped in an MDT TAC21 Chassis. Also has a bunch of other “accurizing” goodies..it’s about as “Built” as one can take a Savage. And it’s FAR more accurate than I’ve ever been! Someone more able than I would get board tapping one Clover Leaf group after another. The shoulder stock is a one off I came up with. Also machined with aid of my “bottom feeder” custom mill. And didn’t even use a PLASTIC JIG for it....