Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
There is no "gray area". PICS queries NICS, and at this time, if you use marijuana, you ARE a prohibited person in the eyes of the law. If you have a medical MJ card but have never actually used MJ, as far as the authorities go, you are STILL prohibited. This means NO possession of guns or ammo, not just "I can't buy any more guns after I start using mj." I'm not saying I agree with this, but it is the current legal reality. This is well documented by both BATFE and PSP.

If/how the powers that sign off on FFL transactions find out about it are irrelevant. If you do it and answer the transfer form questions honestly, you will be denied. If you lie, you risk losing your rights for life.
This is part of that distinction that many fail to make between "what is legal" and "what the cops could find out".

If you use any federally-prohibited drug on the applicable schedules, you are prohibited, and you have to answer "yes" to the drug use question. The fact that the police probably won't know about it, for now, is a different issue. Like the extreme of "If I take my boat out with my wife where nobody can see us, and I shoot her and dump the body in a shark feeding frenzy, is it illegal? Yes. The answer is yes, even if nobody catches you, even before you are ever convicted. Reality works that way. The question isn't "Hey pal, you ever been convicted of a drug charge?" It's "You use any illegal drugs recently, son?"

It would be a challenge to argue in court that you are not a regular user of weed if you went to the trouble of getting a weed card. What they prosecute is the written lies on the forms, not being prohibited; although they could also prosecute someone for having a firearm despite being a regular drug user. Except for Hunter Biden. If you have those kind of corrupt connections, then hey, go to town, the Secret Service has your back.