Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default Re: NJ residents making the drive to PeCo for LTCF

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    FID is a permit to purchase a gun. That interpretation would have to be looser than Madonna's kooter.
    Don*t get caught with a rifle, shotgun, or pistol without a FID card in NJ, you will go to jail. Just ask all the dopes that got caught at the airports, driving, train stations in NJ. The FID allows the pee-ons in NJ to go to the range and hunt, that*s it. Oh and don’t you dare have hollow point cop killing bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Don*t get caught with a rifle, shotgun, or pistol without a FID card in NJ, you will go to jail. Just ask all the dopes that got caught at the airports, driving, train stations in NJ. The FID allows the pee-ons in NJ to go to the range and hunt, that*s it. Oh and don*t you dare have hollow point cop killing bullets.
    So much misinformation from a non-New Jersey Resident. There are defined exceptions as to where you can transport a long gun, or a handgun, in NJ without an FPID. The FPID allows you to purchase a long gun. They also remove some of the transport restrictions with long guns and are necessary to purchase handgun ammunition. People that move to NJ from other states are not required to have an FPID or register their firearms, as long as they are NJ compliant.

You can purchase possess and transport hollowpoints within the statutory restrictions. To the range and back is fine. Riding around with them in your car is not. Using them in your home in a self-defense situation is fine also (this one gets all kinds of Internet drivel).

If you are going to post about NJ laws, at least do us the favor of reading the statutes and understanding them first. Things are bad enough here, we don't need people spreading dis-information.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    NRA Benefactor Member

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    FID is a permit to purchase a gun. That interpretation would have to be looser than Madonna's kooter.
    The NJ firearms ID card allows an unloaded long gun to be "posessed" which includes a vehicle.

I will gladly drive to Perry county if they are issuing LTCFs to non residents with New Jersey firearms id card.

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

I guess AG Sharpio has acted

This is now what it says on the Perry County Sheriff*s Office webpage.
    https://perryco.org/departments/sheriffs-office/

*UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE THE PERRY COUNTY SHERIFF*S OFFICE IS UNABLE TO PROCESS PENNSYLVANIA LICENSE TO CARRY PERMITS FOR NEW JERSEY RESIDENTS UTILIZING THEIR NEW JERSEY ISSUED FPID CARD. WE REGRET ANY INCONVIENCE [sic] THIS MAY CAUSE. PLEASE MONITOR THIS PAGE FOR FURTHER UPDATES*

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fortytwo View Post

*UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE THE PERRY COUNTY SHERIFF*S OFFICE IS UNABLE TO PROCESS PENNSYLVANIA LICENSE TO CARRY PERMITS FOR NEW JERSEY RESIDENTS UTILIZING THEIR NEW JERSEY ISSUED FPID CARD. WE REGRET ANY INCONVIENCE [sic] THIS MAY CAUSE. PLEASE MONITOR THIS PAGE FOR FURTHER UPDATES*
    * and there are those that don*t think state and federal 3 letter agencies care what we do here on PAFOA*

I would be willing to bet they check our website when they can*t figure out their own laws!!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Chester County)

The lords have spoken peasants, now obey.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

That didn't take long. Oh well...
    So I wait a few more months until I move.

(Perry County)

Some people are very uncomfortable with the law-abiding trying to exercise a fundamental right that should be unrestricted. If they put 10% of that effort into going after criminals a lot of people wouldn't feel compelled to be armed.

(I spelled out "inconvenience" for our clerk, I hoped she missed some letters and not me. )
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    That didn't take long. Oh well...
    So I wait a few more months until I move.
    Not a "happy" decision, but unfortunately, the correct legal one. It doesn't take a creative interpretation of the statute to get there. In the past, there were states that refused to issue any type of CCW/LTC, and those folks could get PA non-resident licenses, because the home-state rule only applies if such a license is actually available.

Now, all states (and DC) have some type of process, though it still remains mostly 'impossible' in some, and creates a hurdle that now prevents those states' residents from qualifying for PA's LTCF.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Not a "happy" decision, but unfortunately, the correct legal one. It doesn't take a creative interpretation of the statute to get there. In the past, there were states that refused to issue any type of CCW/LTC, and those folks could get PA non-resident licenses, because the home-state rule only applies if such a license is actually available.

Now, all states (and DC) have some type of process, though it still remains mostly 'impossible' in some, and creates a hurdle that now prevents those states' residents from qualifying for PA's LTCF.
    By legal, you mean adhering to current infringements upon the 2A, right?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast