Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Oh happy day!

(Delaware County)

Default Oh happy day!

Found powder in stock at Brownells finally! Also found a supply of the Norma TAC 223(which I like for the cases). I picked up bullets some time ago. And two friends from two forums graciously sent me brass & Primers, again some time ago. But I’ve been looking for powder for months! Unfortunately not my favorite 223 powder, which is BLC-2. It’s AA2495 which is actually fairly close burn rate to BLC-2, but faster. But still slower than Ramshot Xterminator, TAC or even AA2230. They also had AA2520, which is slightly closer burn rate to my top pic. But I’ve never tried either, and the 2495 was a good bit cheaper. Had to get over my utter ABHORRENCE for the $19.95 BS HAZMAT fee! BLAH! I find it odd that they feel the need to charge that on Powder & Primers, yet HIGHLY pressurized cans of FLAMMABLE liquid like brake clean, solvent spray?? NOPE! No fee needed there! It’s somehow MORE SAFER-er!

In any case, I bit down hard...out of principal & ordered. Gives me some hope though. Someone else online told me he saw some CFE223 in stock at another place. But it was gone by the time I went to the link. Still, gives me hope that we will settle down here. Maybe sooner rather than later. At least I can mess around working up some 223 loads again. I’ve had my 260Rem and still have plenty of 6.5mm bullets, Primers & Powder for it. But it’s the 223 I’ve been missing.
    Remember Biden the Pedophile! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSRqaO6DXcA

Default Re: Oh happy day!

As another plus, I have noticed that ammo is starting to become more available & the prices are coming down.

Default Re: Oh happy day!

Somebody here had a great deal imo on a 8lb jug of pistol powder for 200.00
    Should have bought the damn thing.