Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Senator Katie Muth Calls for Common Sense Gun Laws

Pursuant to my letter requesting constitutional carry, state senator Katie Muth offers her response, then I offer mine.

July 20, 2021

Walleye Hunter

Thank you for contacting our office with your views on Constitutional Carry legislation.

Please remember that it was in 2008 that the Supreme Court in District of Columbia v. Heller recognized the Second Amendment as an individual right for the first time in American history. In that ruling, Justice Scalia acknowledged that, “like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited,” and that “courts routinely explained that the right was not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.” Specifically, Justice Scalia used an example of courts throughout history holding “that prohibitions on carrying concealed weapons were lawful under the Second Amendment or state analogues.” Likewise, Scalia maintained that laws that restrict certain types of weapons, or laws that prohibit weapons in certain locations like schools or airports are not unconstitutional infringements on the Second Amendment.

Senator Muth recognizes gun violence as a public health crisis in this nation. She supports common sense laws that can effectively protect people while reducing gun violence and she believes that such laws can be crafted without conflicting with the Second Amendment in accordance with Heller.

Thank you again for contacting us, please feel free to contact us again about this or any other issue going forward.

Best regards,

Sara

Office of Senator Katie Muth

Dear Senator Muth,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. When you mention common sense gun laws, are you referring to the likes of those which would have Hunter Biden imprisoned for perjuring himself on a federal form to illegally obtain a firearm? Or maybe those which would imprison a Norristown hoodlum for extended periods of time for threatening his ex-girlfriend with a firearm when he is prohibited from possessing one? If that is what you mean, I support that 100%. But as you know, while these are real instances, those laws are not being enforced. Accordingly, I am at a total loss as to what you mean when you speak of 'common sense gun laws'. Why would you fail to prosecute those who violate the laws then place further burdens on those who do? By your standards, we should castrate all men in the name of ending incidents of rape. It would be more appropriate to provide free hysterectomies with each and every abortion in the name of saving the lives of the unborn.

Regards,
    Walleye Hunter
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Default Re: Senator Katie Muth Calls for Common Sense Gun Laws

How about we have common sense politician tar and feathering?

(Mifflin County)

Typical politician dancing around the 2A.

(Montgomery County)

Ask her why DA's allow career criminals to plead guilty to lesser charges when arrested for one of the ~20k 'common sense' gun laws we already have in this country.

(Berks County)

Ask her to make murder by gun illegal...

does she have an armed security detail?
    huh
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Cumberland County)

Why is it those that call for common sense rarely have any?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    Ask her why DA's allow career criminals to plead guilty to lesser charges when arrested for one of the ~20k 'common sense' gun laws we already have in this country.
    Just one more will work yo.

BTW, not a Politician on this planet that cares about common sense or has any, crime, or anything else that helps people......... Their only 2 jobs are fundraising and oppression.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Pursuant to my letter requesting constitutional carry, state senator Katie Muth offers her response, then I offer mine.

Dear Senator Muth,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. When you mention common sense gun laws, are you referring to the likes of those which would have Hunter Biden imprisoned for perjuring himself on a federal form to illegally obtain a firearm? Or maybe those which would imprison a Norristown hoodlum for extended periods of time for threatening his ex-girlfriend with a firearm when he is prohibited from possessing one? If that is what you mean, I support that 100%. But as you know, while these are real instances, those laws are not being enforced. Accordingly, I am at a total loss as to what you mean when you speak of 'common sense gun laws'. Why would you fail to prosecute those who violate the laws then place further burdens on those who do? By your standards, we should castrate all men in the name of ending incidents of rape. It would be more appropriate to provide free hysterectomies with each and every abortion in the name of saving the lives of the unborn.

Regards,
    Walleye Hunter
    Well done.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by red dog View Post
    Why is it those that call for common sense rarely have any?
    It's one of the many ironies in life.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast