Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Oaks not MOAKs Summer: OAKS Convention Ctr. Aug 13, 1-7, Aug 14, 9-5, Aug 15, 9-4

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    its probably really important to remember that the promoter doesn't set the rules for the venue. being "billy bad ass" and telling someone to stick something up their ass is a sure fire way to not be allowed to run a show at that venue. I know every one on here loves to blame promoters and dealers for everything...but you should really be looking at the venue owners and local government on this one
    The venue owner also owns the Morgantown venue and if I was him I'd tell them to shove their regulations up their ass and move the show to Morgantown. I like it better there anyway. He should move some of those cars around (or not) and spread the show around that expansive mall. You are correct that Val Arkoosh is the head of the beast though but you'll get nowhere talking to her. And I believe that she wants to run for senator.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Default Re: Oaks not MOAKs Summer: OAKS Convention Ctr. Aug 13, 1-7, Aug 14, 9-5, Aug 15, 9-4

its probably really important to remember that the promoter doesn't set the rules for the venue. being "billy bad ass" and telling someone to stick something up their ass is a sure fire way to not be allowed to run a show at that venue. I know every one on here loves to blame promoters and dealers for everything...but you should really be looking at the venue owners and local government on this one
    I'm not a billy badass, just billy tired of this government scam! So the government owns that building? If not,
    he should tell them to stick it up their ass!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I'm not a billy badass, just billy tired of this government scam! So the government owns that building? If not,
    he should tell them to stick it up their ass!
    I get it, you re tired of it. we all get that you and many others are tired of it. HOWEVER, chest thumping and telling the government to piss off and then expecting them to look the other way as you operate a business in defiance of them is not exactly going to go over well. like I said....lots of guys on here LOVE to cast hate and blame on gun dealers and show promoters and tell us how to run our businesses. but no one seems to understand that we are all (dealers and promoters) are state licensed and cannot operate once our licenses are pulled by the state. like it or not, we have to tread lightly.

I get it, you re tired of it. we all get that you and many others are tired of it. HOWEVER, chest thumping and telling the government to piss off and then expecting them to look the other way as you operate a business in defiance of them is not exactly going to go over well. like I said....lots of guys on here LOVE to cast hate and blame on gun dealers and show promoters and tell us how to run our businesses. but no one seems to understand that we are all (dealers and promoters) are state licensed and cannot operate once our licenses are pulled by the state. like it or not, we have to tread lightly.
    Being nice doesn't work. Just like the government shills that told me they would grant me a permit for a job,
    but told me I'd be arrested if I did the job. Told them to call the cops. I'm done being nice , it doesn't work anymore.
    Just like rand paul said, they cant arrest everyone.

(Westmoreland County)

Ok, the local gov't. doesn't own nor operate the Oaks Convention Center. It, and the Morgantown Auto mall facility are owned by a private operator. The show it's self is run by a private gun show promoter. They both want the shows to happen; and with as little hassle as possible. That being said, just telling the PTBs at the local and state gov't to "Go stick it where the sun doesn't shine." sounds good in theory. However in the practical real world that just gets everything shut down and with a vengeance. The local PTBs can call in the Fire Marshall, the Health Dept. and a whole host of other bureaucrat agencies to make everyone's lives miserable. It's happened before. It could happen again. Let us hope not.

(Delaware County)

Default Oaks gunshow this weekend (8/12 - 8/14) and COVID questions....

I was planning to go to Oaks show this weekend with my son.... I know in Philly they started up the mandatory mask indoors again.

Does anyone know if the Expo center is requiring a mask? Or if they are limiting the number of people entering?

Thanks!
    Last edited by PistolFan; August 12th, 2021 at 02:21 PM.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Oaks gunshow this weekend (8/12 - 8/14) and COVID questions....

C'mon man, this one was even easy to find.

https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=377622
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Delaware County)

Gonna miss this one. Gone be at Sunny Rest Nude resort and Camp Ground. But will check on how things are from the reports here.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Oaks gunshow this weekend (8/12 - 8/14) and COVID questions....

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    C'mon man, this one was even easy to find.

https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=377622
    Sorry friend - missing your point. Looking for a simple answer from someone who has been to the Expo center lately because it seems each location and\or business seems to have different restrictions or no restrictions at all.

If I may add, restrictions seems to be ever changing - so am not looking to drive an hour to wait to get in and walk in one direction wearing a mask. Looking for an enjoyable afternoon with fellow gun owners so I'd rather stay home.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Gonna miss this one. Gone be at Sunny Rest Nude resort and Camp Ground. But will check on how things are from the reports here.
    Make sure you use sunscreen. Don*t want to get a sunburn.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast