Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Arisaka’s or No. 1 Mk. 3’s in SEPA?

Anyone know of any shops in southeast PA/Northern MD or DE with any Type 38/99 Arisaka’s, or WW1 No. Mk.III SMLE’s? Seems like any time i buy one, I come across by accident but when im looking for one, cant find one!
    "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few"

(Carbon County)

Default Re: Arisaka’s or No. 1 Mk. 3’s in SEPA?

Look at local estate auctions. There may be some small shops and pawn shops, but you are in a "Shotgun area".

(Bucks County)

PM sent re Arisaka 38
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Bucks County)

https://www.gunsinternational.com/ad...rea_code=&age=

Here's the gun, at Miller's in Delaware. But (I just saw) it is sporterized.

(Carbon County)

I don't collect Arisakas anymore. I was in a divorce and dumped 200+ rifles at a couple auction houses about 20 years ago. I was recently on another forum and there was an argument if a Japanese "Experimental" 6.5 paratroop rifle was a fake. I flipped out when I saw the photos. It was rifle I built as a "Pack rifle" one winter. I was moving and everything else at the time and it went with the pile to the auctions. One of the posters said he saw it go at Alderfers before that.6.5 pack gun.jpg Apparently it finally made it to Gunbroker and last sold for $2,925.00. I think I have a photo from GB in a file. Be very careful when buying collector pieces now days. The market is saturated with intentional fakes. Someone that saw it close up said there were "weird" stampings on it. I added no stampings to it, so somebody was trying to pass it off as a "Real" paratroop model.

(Bucks County)

Only Arisaka I have is a 99 receiver turned into a 22-250 tack driver. They were arguably the strongest action of the bolt actions, last-ditch issues maybe excluded.

(Carbon County)

You bet! I have hunted with so many different re-barreled Arisaka actions you would not believe it. My three favorites for deer are still a cut & welded T-99 in 7.62x39, a T-38 opened up to 6.5x55, and a 7x57 on a T-38/T-99 set up. They are the best to convert if you want minimal work. You can mount a scope, weld a bolt handle on, and use the factory safety. I had one I picked up at a yard sale that had the barrel set back and was re-cut to .300 Savage. With factory Remington ammunition it was deadly @ 100 yards. I still see rifles like that pop up at auctions. In the works now: A 6.5 carbine somebody screwed up trying for a 6.5x.257, and a cut & welded T-99 I started years ago for a .300 H&H. I just do not have the time.