Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: FRT-15 in action

The FRT-15 doesn’t release the hammer until the bolt is in battery and pushing the trigger locking bar all the way forward.

I’m betting at some point in the not too distant future this is going to be banned as a FA conversion kit. The bump stocks were allowed because the finger was still manually pulling the trigger for each round. If I understand the function of this device correctly you only pull the trigger once and the device does the rest. Doesn’t seem like that’s much different than an auto sear. Maybe I’m misunderstanding his this functions.
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by staylo View Post
    I*m betting at some point in the not too distant future this is going to be banned as a FA conversion kit. The bump stocks were allowed because the finger was still manually pulling the trigger for each round. If I understand the function of this device correctly you only pull the trigger once and the device does the rest. Doesn*t seem like that*s much different than an auto sear. Maybe I*m misunderstanding his this functions.
    I agree. If they went after bump stocks and probably arm braces, this seems like a no brainer to add to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    I*m not a fan. Yeah, yeah... I spent my youth being mesmerized by FA firearms. Always seemed the holy grail of things. But then I spent years in competition, becoming an Instructor, learning ballistics, improving my Gunsmithing/Firearms building skills. During these years I*ve had extensive hands on learning/use of many different FA firearms. The M16, MP5, UMP9/40/45, Thompson, G36 and a few others to lesser degree. Using & maintaining week after week..sometimes daily! It gave me a hyper appreciation for SEMI auto, and Bolt Action.

To the point of these trigger assemblies....each one is BORDERLINE equal to the symptom of shaving down the disconnecter. I*ve researched kits like the RareBreed which operate on Slam Firing...and as a result, I believe the looming threat of firing Out of Battery exists. But that*s just me. For anyone not understanding that, I advise learning before spending $400 on a fancy trigger-bump fire deice which will decrease accuracy.....by a LOT!
    "Slam firing" "equal to filing a disconnector" you should really stop giving advice. Neither of those is close to how this trigger works.

(Chester County)

I*m betting at some point in the not too distant future this is going to be banned as a FA conversion kit. The bump stocks were allowed because the finger was still manually pulling the trigger for each round. If I understand the function of this device correctly you only pull the trigger once and the device does the rest. Doesn*t seem like that*s much different than an auto sear. Maybe I*m misunderstanding his this functions.
    No, you pull the trigger, the gun fires, the bolt forces the trigger to RESET while you're still pulling resulting in your "pulling" it again and again.

**looks like I was corrected while I was typing this.

Ok, so it appears it functions more like a bump stock, except rather than the stock moving the finger forward for the next *pull*, the bolt forces the trigger blade forward for the next pull. If the bump stock is legal then this should be as well.

https://vimeo.com/486478480
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

**looks like I was corrected while I was typing this.

Ok, so it appears it functions more like a bump stock, except rather than the stock moving the finger forward for the next *pull*, the bolt forces the trigger blade forward for the next pull. If the bump stock is legal then this should be as well.

https://vimeo.com/486478480
    It works more like a large rubber band wrapped behind your trigger with the added safety of a sear

(Delaware County)

Uhhhh, ok. Sure thing chief.
    Remember Biden the Pedophile! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSRqaO6DXcA

Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    Uhhhh, ok. Sure thing chief.
    Oh you really got me with that one, with all your expertise you should be cheif examiner at atf hq

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    Oh you really got me with that one, with all your expertise you should be cheif examiner at atf hq
    With all his proclaimed "builds" you would think he would understand the working of small parts instead of boring the masses with mindless dribble.
    2021 PMSC/PAFOA Group shoot dates here https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=366923

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast