Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Sarsilmaz (SARS) K-12

Hey Troops,

A few weeks ago, I saw that Classic Arms had the SARS K-12 out of back order purgatory*.. and I missed out when they last had it in stock*.
    I*m not sure why I wanted it*. It is to big and heavy to carry, I don*t shoot competition (yet), and I don*t even own a boat! Anyway I pulled the perverbial trigger*. (On sale for $600!), and while I only have two boxes down range*.. I*m really impressed! I have friends that have both
    The CZ Shadow, and the EAA Witness Elite, and both give it high marks for a Turkish Clone gun at a third of the price!

My only issue, is my eyes are not as sharp as they once were*. And there is little if any aftermarket goodies for this gun! I took a chance and ordered a Swampfox *Justice* and an EGW RMR mount for the shadow, hoping that I would luck out*.. but no joy* I don*t think I can make it work*. I have since read that The K-12 is closer to the witness, and that the K-12s slide will even mount on a witness frame*.

I*m going to return the EGW mount (I got the wrong one anyway*). It won*t accept the Swampfox which is supposed to have an RMR foot print. Anyway*. I am thinking of having the K-12s slide cut for the dot sight*.. has anyone used or willing to recommend a good smith
    To do this job?

Thanks!
    Fred

Pics for attention!

Last edited by 1096369fred; July 16th, 2021 at 04:49 PM.
    A Templar is truly a fearless knight, and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith, just as his body is protected by the armor of steel.
    Big whoop, I'm spooning a Barret .50 Cal...... I could like kill a building.....

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Sarsilmaz (SARS) K-12

PM Brian Ahern, he’s a POOFER that owns Easton Firearms Refinishing. He knows a LOT about CZs and specifically Sar CZ clones. https://forum.pafoa.org/member.php?u=35276

I have both CZs and Sars,(not the virus) and Sars aren’t too far behind CZs. Slides frames and barrels are hammer forged, minus the poly framed models. Sarsilmaz also has one of the most advanced manufacturing facilities in the world.

I do like that the safeties function with any hammer position. At least on the ones I have. The B6P also takes 75 mags. Extremely accurate, well made guns.

The K2 .45 for less than $400 a while back, was the deal of the century.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Bucks County)

Hey RockIsland,
    I have done a couple of transfers with Brian, so I will Reach out to him*.see what he thinks*.(He is a great guy… very knowledgeable!) There is a SARS 9mm in the classifieds*. Which is a bargain for $300* that I have been agonizing over*. (I don*t NEED it*. So would someone put me out of my misery, and buy it first?) but of course**another full size 9mm would keep the other 10 I have company**

Thanks!
    Fred
    A Templar is truly a fearless knight, and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith, just as his body is protected by the armor of steel.
    Big whoop, I'm spooning a Barret .50 Cal...... I could like kill a building.....

(Northampton County)

The Sar pistols are excellent CZ clones , actually many have better triggers from the factory than CZ pistols. Sadly there is little aftermarket support or parts available for these pistols. The front black sight on the K2 is hard to see with older eyes. You would have to have the slide milled by someone who know what there doing. Adding an optic or a better front sight would be a must for me if I owned one. The single action trigger on this pistol is very nice. Sar did a great job on this one with the exception being the front sight.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Bucks County)

Hey Brian,
    (Fred the cop here,) thanks for chiming in** so far I am definitely a K-12 fan*. A buddy of mine says the trigger is better then the one on his shadow*.. I*m sending back the sight mount I got and getting an EGW mount for a witness adjustable, for the K-12*. I*ll report back if it fits*.
    Fingers crossed any recommendations for a *smith? I know Eric at EZ Accuracy*.. he does nice work but last I heard he was backed up pretty far*..

Thanks!
    Fred

(Bucks County)

Just for info. The EGW mount for the witness will NOT fit the K-12*. I found a smith who will cut the slide for an RMR mount for $160
    I*m shipping it out tomorrow*.. will post pics when it comes home*.. I did also order a spring kit from Galloway Precision*.. so we will see how that does!

(Northampton County)

put the pics up when it's back
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Bucks County)

Will do!

My Girlfriend fell in love with my K-12*..(she said it was *pretty*! I wish my cops shot as well! ), and I happened to find a used one at American Arms*. Well, what the hell*. Her birthday Is next month! Not looking forward to replacing the trigger springs in both our guns*. As I remember doing one in a witness, they are a royal bitch to install*. I guess I*m Off to YouTube University!

(Montgomery County)

I like the K12 Sport X Duty a bit better. After a quick search they aren't as available or inexpensive and the standard though. I definitely wouldn't mind picking one up but I've seen enough complaints about quality issues and poor customer service I haven't moved forward yet.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    The Sar pistols are excellent CZ clones , actually many have better triggers from the factory than CZ pistols. Sadly there is little aftermarket support or parts available for these pistols. The front black sight on the K2 is hard to see with older eyes. You would have to have the slide milled by someone who know what there doing. Adding an optic or a better front sight would be a must for me if I owned one. The single action trigger on this pistol is very nice. Sar did a great job on this one with the exception being the front sight.
    Try some Testor's chartreuse enamel or jig and lure coating on the front sight.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast