Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Illegal Guns"

Default Re: "Illegal Guns"

Yep, they already have all the laws they'll ever need, just another attempt to re-frame the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    "Gun violence".

Same bullshit.
    The one that always got me was their use of the word "gunman" rather than "perpetrator", "criminal", or even "shooter". I figure they're aiming to have us associate "gun" and "man" with violent incidents, making it easier to imagine that any man associated with guns is prone to violence.
    They even have minds but do not think. -Dov Fischer

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    So if that gun had a serial number, they wouldn't have killed that guy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    Yeah, I'd like to see a well-reasoned response to that one. Never gonna happen, but I'd like it...
    The lack of a serial number is not the main issue in the killing. Money is. The guy was killed because he tried to buy a gun that was for sale at $1000 and he only brought $600 to the deal and still wanted to complete the sale

The fact that someone is buying Polymer 80*s and selling them improperly is another story

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    Yes, absolutely, why would I not be? That would be an accurate reflection of the facts, based on Pennsylvania law at least (FFL transfer required for all handgun transfers, except between direct relatives).
    Just wanted to see if we were on the same page.

Question Re: "Illegal Guns"

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    The lack of a serial number is not the main issue in the killing. Money is. The guy was killed because he tried to buy a gun that was for sale at $1000 and he only brought $600 to the deal and still wanted to complete the sale.

Instead of calling it ''gun violence'' , how about calling it ''cultural violence''? It's apparently become an accepted way of life in today's younger ''black community''. If there's not a shooting or stabbing , there's a large brawl between groups of teens.

We (legal firearms enthusiasts) have all bought and sold guns and other items , but we never shot anyone who tried to haggle or offered us less than our asking price.

The Ardmore community came together to remember the life of a man who was killed in what was, police say, a gun deal gone bad, and to call for an end to violence that is plaguing the region.
    https://www.fox29.com/news/community...ed-in-gun-deal

I thought there was a lot more people living in Ardmore?
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Instead of calling it ''gun violence'' , how about calling it ''cultural violence''?
    Never gonna happen. If the concern was violence, it's be called "violence", plain and simple, no label. As long as there's a political game to be won (by either side), it'll have some kind of context-shifting label applied.
    They even have minds but do not think. -Dov Fischer

(Chester County)

First Biden needs to go after the 'rogue' gun dealers... whatever the hell that means?

IIRC He mentioned taking away their license? So there are a significant number of FFLs who aren't running BG checks? Or is he referring to FFLs selling 80% kits?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Instead of calling it ''gun violence'' , how about calling it ''cultural violence''? It's apparently become an accepted way of life in today's younger ''black community''. If there's not a shooting or stabbing , there's a large brawl between groups of teens.

We (legal firearms enthusiasts) have all bought and sold guns and other items , but we never shot anyone who tried to haggle or offered us less than our asking price.

https://www.fox29.com/news/community...ed-in-gun-deal

I thought there was a lot more people living in Ardmore?
    <Shrug> They do it over drug sales, why not extend the practice to gun sales? Hell, why not everything while they're at it.

On that matter of 'illegal' guns. You guys who dwell on semantics crack me up. "It's not a 'clip', it's a 'mag'" or, "It's not a 'CCP', it's a 'LTCF'". Grow the fuck up, yous know what the meaning is so quit arguing over the minusculities (that might be a new word there). IMO Hunter Biden has an illegal gun and when I harp on Missy Houlahan about it, she knows exactly what I'm talking about and that's what matters.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

You must be one of those guys I hear in stores asking for clips for his pistol.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by WoollyPullover View Post
    First Biden needs to go after the 'rogue' gun dealers... whatever the hell that means?

IIRC He mentioned taking away their license? So there are a significant number of FFLs who aren't running BG checks? Or is he referring to FFLs selling 80% kits?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post

On that matter of 'illegal' guns. You guys who dwell on semantics crack me up. "It's not a 'clip', it's a 'mag'" [/FONT][/SIZE]

You thinks you know more than a Chief Inspector? Why not call it both?

''We also found a loaded magazine, a clip on the floor in the rear of the bus," said Chief Inspector Scott Small.
    Man shot on SEPTA bus in Center City, all passengers exit bus and leave scene

https://6abc.com/septa-bus-shooting-...illy/10888682/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast