Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default FFL's who are happy to process online mail orders?

Hi, anyone know of any FFL's who are happy to process online mail orders through their shops in the York County, Harrisburg, Hanover areas...or within a reasonable distance?

All the local shops I checked out are priced way high on the base model P365 I want. Like $200 - $250 over online pricing and MSRP (well over shipping and transfer fees)

I know some shops don't want to do that as they'd rather sell you the same gun out of their inventory for a higher price. But others are smaller and happy to take the processing fee to do the transfer.

I'm new to the area and don't know who's friendly about processing online orders around here. I'm in Southern York county.

I'm also happy to take suggestions on local stores that might be more reasonably priced. I don't mind paying a little more to shop local. But 40% mark ups are a tad extreme.

Of course I could take a day and just start driving around to all stores to look in person. I can think of worse ways to spend a day....
    May the Schwartz Be With You

(Bucks County)

Default Re: FFL's who are happy to process online mail orders?

Go on Gunbroker and put your zip code in the Find an FFL search.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

I have ordered from several different sites.

It's usually a very easy process.

I found a P365 (the micro version) on Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore for $500

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst....cfm/ID/202750

Add it to your cart, go to check out. After you sing in or crate an account, when you go to check out it will have you select an FFL. Enter your zipcode to find one.

I did a generic Harrisburg zipcode and it brought up a ton of shops.

I have been in the area quite a few times but live way up in the Northwest. I have been to a few shops down your way. I love the Bass Pro down there.

Trop Gun shop in Elizabethown came up. Not sure how far that is from you but I love that shop. I was there before the pandemic hit but the prices at that time were reasonable and the employees are friendly enough. But the shop is amazing. It's a must go. Not only is it a great gun store, they also have an indoor range where you can rent and shoot a lot, including full autos. They also have a cigar store, too. https://www.tropgun.com/

Again, I am not from that area so maybe others down that way have a different experience with the store, but I really liked it the few times I went it.

I do not like the folks at Atlantic Tactical. The store is cool, as I am in Law Enforcement and they have a good selection, but we have had bad experiences using their FFL services.

I see Lanco Tactical in Elizabethtown also came up on the list. I was in there once and they seemed liked good folks. https://www.lancotactical.com/

But what I suggest is find the site you want to order from. While going through the checkout process, get the list of FFL's they deal with. If you aren't sure about one post here and see if people in your area have dealt with them. I would also check their FFL fees. Up where I am it can range from $25 to $40 depending on what shop you pick

(Berks County)

I'd just add that when you find that list of FFL's on a vendor site, pause and call them first to verify and get pricing. Not all vendors' FFL lists are up to date, meaning just because they are on the list doesn't mean the vendor has their license or that they are willing to accept online sales/do transfers. Most are, but not all.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by tallbump View Post
    *long informative post *
    You are the second person to tell me about Trop Gun. The other was a neighbor who said the same stuff. They are maybe an hour at most. Certainly sounds like they are worth the trip!

I am from Maryland so I'm not used to the online ordering through an FFL process at all. Most online dealers won't ship to MD, even to an FFL because the AG down there sues everyone for everything and it's just not worth the headache to a dealer that a particular gun variant has some obscure part that makes it a Stage 27 Red Alert Class 12 Felony Assault Bazooka in MD.

So thanks to everyone for the tips on how to navigate that process!

(Bucks County)

Buying guns online is easy. Been doing it since the 90’s. Tanner’s in Jamison is probably the best gun shop in PA.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Allegheny County)

Also note that when you call around to ask about their transfer prices, be sure to specify what type of transfer you are talking about.

Some shops have one price for transfers between two people who walk into the shop, wanting to transfer a gun from one to the other.
    They have another price for transfers such as what you describe - a gun coming in from an outside vendor.

Some shops charge the same, regardless, while others have a big increase in price for doing a transfer on a gun that is coming from an online vendor.

(York County)

Check with Bluestone Firearms. They are in the Yorkana area of eastern York county. I have done several online purchases through him.
    https://m.facebook.com/bluestonefirearms

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceballs View Post
    You are the second person to tell me about Trop Gun. The other was a neighbor who said the same stuff. They are maybe an hour at most. Certainly sounds like they are worth the trip!

I am from Maryland so I'm not used to the online ordering through an FFL process at all. Most online dealers won't ship to MD, even to an FFL because the AG down there sues everyone for everything and it's just not worth the headache to a dealer that a particular gun variant has some obscure part that makes it a Stage 27 Red Alert Class 12 Felony Assault Bazooka in MD.

So thanks to everyone for the tips on how to navigate that process!
    May the Schwartz be with you

(York County)

So it turned out that Bass Pro ended up getting what I wanted in stock at the manufacturer's MSRP (plus I had a coupon!) so that made this easy.

Thanks for all the other recommendations though. I have a few new places to drive around to for other supplies now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast