Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The joys of PA!

(York County)

Default Re: The joys of PA!

The good news is that I think it's only freedom loving conservatives that are being chased out of Maryland

The liberal wackadoodles down there LOVE what Maryland is doing. Undocumented sanctuary state? They are all for it! More gun laws? Sign them up! Deal with actual crime and stop real criminals in Baltimore where they average a murder a day? Hell no, that's racist!

My new neighborhood is nearly all recent Maryland refugees. And let's just say there aren't any Biden Harris bumper stickers parked on the street.

So the people coming into PA from MD are the kind of people you want coming into PA.

I have no idea who is coming in from NY and NJ though. Those states are so badly managed they are chasing EVERYONE out

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceballs View Post
    Yeah that is more reasonable (considering the panic buying still going on)

I've never done a mail order to an FFL. I didn't even think of that.

In Maryland you can't do that (not easily anyway) as most online dealers won't send to a Maryland FFL out of fear that they missed some obscure compliance thing for that particular gun model and could face lawsuits from the MD AG (who is a giant douche and loves to sue gun dealers)

If you want something not in stores you have to go to the store and have them order it direct from their supplier (and pay whatever the store charges for the gun)

It's not illegal to buy online inMD, but MD has made most online dealers too scared to bother with it. Some won't even send parts or accessories to MD just so they don't have to deal with it.

So anyway....thanks for the suggestion! I totally overlooked the simple option!
    I figured you probably hadn't thought of that. I didn't know the specifics of Maryland's laws but I knew they were pretty strict and might not be an option.

Seriously, when I did a quick google search I found a couple of sites that had them in stock for $500.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by tallbump View Post
    I figured you probably hadn't thought of that. I didn't know the specifics of Maryland's laws but I knew they were pretty strict and might not be an option.

Seriously, when I did a quick google search I found a couple of sites that had them in stock for $500.
    I also found a bunch of places online that have them in stock around $500. So yours was a great suggestion that my Maryland mindset just wasn't wired for. It's strange living in a more free state all of a sudden! But I like it!

I am looking for a local FFL dealer now who is friendly with online orders like that

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceballs View Post
    If you knew me better..... you would still assume that because I am fluent in Sarcasm and speak it as a first language.

But in this case I am 100% serious..I have no regrets on moving to PA

The only things I find annoying are the 347 different tax bills instead of 1 and the price of water. But those are minor things and a small trade off to move from Maryland.
    But the important thing is that the total of the 347 tax bills is less than the 1 tax bill in Maryland.

I'm a runaway from Maryland too. I always say that one night I was watching "Desperate Housewives" and the Taco Bell commericial came on and said "Make a run for the border." So I did and didn't stop until I got to PA.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234