Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The joys of PA!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: The joys of PA!

Welcome.
    Now that you are free to buy gun stuff, here's a thread that can save you money - which you can then spend on even more freedom!
    https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=197821
    (skip to the end for more recent posts)

(Tioga County)

I understand what a PITA it is living near a place like Maryland. My town borders New York State.
    USNRET '61-'81

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Welcome.
    Now that you are free to buy gun stuff, here's a thread that can save you money - which you can then spend on even more freedom!
    https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=197821
    (skip to the end for more recent posts)
    I will have to read that whole thread. I am in the market for a P365 (always wanted one but there was never a point in Maryland to having a concealable firearm) but all the stores around me are a little crazy with the prices. I know there is a panic going on right not but still....40% mark ups over online prices are a little much.
    May the Schwartz Be With You

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwilson452 View Post
    I understand what a PITA it is living near a place like Maryland. My town borders New York State.
    Brutal. I do business with people up your way who work in NY but live in PA. In short....NY is a jerk. It is much easier to live in PA and work in MD than to live here and work in NY

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceballs View Post
    I will have to read that whole thread. I am in the market for a P365 (always wanted one but there was never a point in Maryland to having a concealable firearm) but all the stores around me are a little crazy with the prices. I know there is a panic going on right not but still....40% mark ups over online prices are a little much.
    You live in a free state now. Find one online for a good price and have it sent to an FFL in your area

A quick Google search found a bunch in the $500 to $600 range on various sites.

Don't know what a good price is for those as I have never looked for one prior to this.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by tallbump View Post
    You live in a free state now. Find one online for a good price and have it sent to an FFL in your area

A quick Google search found a bunch in the $500 to $600 range on various sites.

Don't know what a good price is for those as I have never looked for one prior to this.
    Yeah that is more reasonable (considering the panic buying still going on)

I've never done a mail order to an FFL. I didn't even think of that.

In Maryland you can't do that (not easily anyway) as most online dealers won't send to a Maryland FFL out of fear that they missed some obscure compliance thing for that particular gun model and could face lawsuits from the MD AG (who is a giant douche and loves to sue gun dealers)

If you want something not in stores you have to go to the store and have them order it direct from their supplier (and pay whatever the store charges for the gun)

It's not illegal to buy online inMD, but MD has made most online dealers too scared to bother with it. Some won't even send parts or accessories to MD just so they don't have to deal with it.

So anyway....thanks for the suggestion! I totally overlooked the simple option!
    May the Schwartz Be With You

(Chester County)

Welcome!!

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceballs View Post
    The whole thread spans 10 years and is almost 22000 posts long, and is growing by 5 or or 10 a day... You just need to read the last few hundreds.

Welcome to our Commonwealth, BTW.

(York County)

This thread is a good example of my whole experience in PA

Everyone is friendly and welcoming and just nicer

People in Maryland are miserable and mean to each other. Hell even the lady at the PennDOT license center was super nice when she told me my MD documents were all loused up and they couldn't help me that day until I got new docs from MD. I swear she nearly hugged me to make me feel better. Meanwhile the DMV in MD (MVA) was like..."sucks to be you....figure it out yourself. We're busy and you don't live here anymore anyways so we don't care."

For those of you who've lived in PA your whole life and have complaints....trust me. It can be A WHOLE LOT WORSE

On that same note please let me serve as a strong reminder to everyone to keep fighting for what you have and to never get complacent and let PA devolve into the cess pool that Maryland became.

(Warren County)

Oh, you will acclimate soon enuff and begin to bitch just like us.

At least I hope so.

We need active squeaky wheels to counteract the illegal, unconstitutional, terrible, horrible, no good, very bad actions of democrat (communist) politicians and bureaucrats.

Welcome to POOFA!
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast