Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default Foxtrot Mike FMP9

Anyone own or know of Foxtrot Mike FMP9 AR pistol? With new laws on the horizon, everyone is slashing prices on AR pistols. Not sure of the quality of Foxtrot Mike - haven't heard much about them.

The upper and lower receivers are machined from billet aluminum allowing for a greater degree of customizability for look and function. The magazine well and upper receiver feed ramps have been machined for use with Glock magazines, yet it is still compatible with standard AR-15 parts like a trigger, pistol grip, and safety selector. The integrated magazine release is much larger and easier to reach than the Mil-Spec alternative allowing for quicker magazine changes.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Chester County)

Default Re: Foxtrot Mike FMP9

I*ll be interested in the replies here.

The boy scored a Springfield Armory Saint last year. That thing is badass, breaths fire from the muzzle.

(Elk County)

I have a 10" FM9 with a SBA3 brace. There was a slip of paper in the box that admonished the buyer to first clean off all the preservative inside and out, then oil copiously.

I didn't, just to see what would happen. And what happened was not much. Some failures to feed, eject, whatnot.

Then I followed instructions and it has been 100% reliable ever since, brass case 115 gr and steel case 115 gr.

The hammer and trigger in mine were steel AR type, but an acquaintance bought a shorter barreled FM9 with a folding blade brace and it was fine for 150-200 rds but then exhibited an increasing number of failures. Breaking it open he found polymer hammer and trigger that were distorted. We installed a spare steel AR FCG, all good thereafter.

He called FM and asked about the plastic FCG and was told the plastic is their "standard" FCG, and you can upgrade to steel FCG components for like $100 or so. Seems a bit rip-offish, but mine was bought new and had a steel FCG.

Both of ours have since been totally reliable.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Beaver County)

Foxtrot is GTG. Used may of there parts and 1 complete sidecharging rifle. I'd have no problem buying more for myself or a customer.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Cumberland County)

Thanks. Most still going for $700+ on GB but down to $499 at AIM with $13.64 shipping. Hmmmmm
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Thanks. Most still going for $700+ on GB but down to $499 at AIM with $13.64 shipping. Hmmmmm
    It's a stupid good price.
    You can't really build it for less.

I posted the 7" upper in the deals thread. Also stupid good.

What happens if they ban the brace?
    Take it off and shoot it like pistols were shot pre-brace - with your cheek on the tube.

(Cumberland County)

yeah, that's what I was thinking. But reading the proposed changes by ATF and the "point system" - it's confusing on what will and what will not need to be tax stamped or "turned in" - lol. 4 points and you're done and it includes stupid stuff like flip up sights 1 point, o/a length not what they like 1 point, could possible shoulder fire 1 point, could shoulder fire 2 points, definitely able to shoulder fire 3 points, made to shoulder fire 4 points. Some jargon on forward "rests" 1 point. Red dot 1 point.
    Pretty much everything ends up 4+ points! ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    It's a stupid good price.
    You can't really build it for less.

I posted the 7" upper in the deals thread. Also stupid good.

What happens if they ban the brace?
    Take it off and shoot it like pistols were shot pre-brace - with your cheek on the tube.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    yeah, that's what I was thinking. But reading the proposed changes by ATF and the "point system" - it's confusing on what will and what will not need to be tax stamped or "turned in" - lol. 4 points and you're done and it includes stupid stuff like flip up sights 1 point, o/a length not what they like 1 point, could possible shoulder fire 1 point, could shoulder fire 2 points, definitely able to shoulder fire 3 points, made to shoulder fire 4 points. Some jargon on forward "rests" 1 point. Red dot 1 point.
    Pretty much everything ends up 4+ points! ugh.
    Gotta be honest, I dgaf. If I'm gonna be a felon anyway, it's going to go the opposite way. Stock and giggle switch.