Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default 3D Printing thread

OK so given the state of the world today and the options people have to "grow their own" I figured it was high time to start this thread. As printers get better and materials get better ( we have seen a ton of improvement over the past few years) it's more ad more feasible to print your own. I figured it's high time to start a thread to help others ( and in some cases me because let's be real I don't have all the answers here) and share the knowledge accumulated to further the cause. My first contribution are from Big Igloo Defense , Lot of Glock right here whole lot of glock.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...XWFCN4zYjHuSuE

FYI I run an Ender 3 pro that's been upgraded and is now being further upgraded to be able to print higher temp filament like abs and polycarbonate.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: 3D Printing thread

Just got a voxelab aquila printer a month ago and have already built a CNC machine with it.

Not sure I can help too much although I've had success with pla and tpu. Failed at abs. Only tried twice though.

(Carbon County)

A guy got arrested last week in Northampton County for 3D manufacture/sale of weapons. The Government is taking a hard look at them.

I think streaker has a thread on 3d printing.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunplummer View Post
    A guy got arrested last week in Northampton County for 3D manufacture/sale of weapons. The Government is taking a hard look at them.
    the govt is definitely taking a hard look at them .... but criminal is going to do what a criminal is going to do.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I think streaker has a thread on 3d printing.
    I did a search and didn't find anything if he does then I'm sure this one will be noted and we'll move it back to that thread though.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy View Post
    Just got a voxelab aquila printer a month ago and have already built a CNC machine with it.

Not sure I can help too much although I've had success with pla and tpu. Failed at abs. Only tried twice though.

ABS is supposed to be tougher to do and supposedly warps pretty easily if your room temps are off or if there's a draft, I'm not sure I've done pla plus no problem and PETG as well as carbon fiber infused PETG with no issues. Also looking to do some nylon x guess I'll see how it all pans out though. Nice setups by the way.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy View Post

Be wary of keeping those stepper motor driver wires wrapped up like that. It can induce noise into them and cause them to jitter.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    ABS is supposed to be tougher to do and supposedly warps pretty easily if your room temps are off or if there's a draft, I'm not sure I've done pla plus no problem and PETG as well as carbon fiber infused PETG with no issues. Also looking to do some nylon x guess I'll see how it all pans out though. Nice setups by the way.
    I had the printer at my shop last week when it was in the 90s to try the abs. Hoping it would help, but it still curled right up. I guess I'll need to try an enclosure. Probably a better hot end too. I would like to try nylon and thw carbon fiber sounds cool

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Be wary of keeping those stepper motor driver wires wrapped up like that. It can induce noise into them and cause them to jitter.
    Thanks. Will do. Still need to do the wire management and get some wire loom. Also, this will move to my shop but need to build a table, etc..

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast