Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: 3D Printing thread

Quote Originally Posted by scoutjoe View Post
    z-offset is 0.0 The gantry and frame are square as best as I can throw a cheap square against them.

As you’re looking at it on the left hand side there is a z stop on the left upright. It can be adjusted up or down with two Allen keys. Make sure it’s all the way down.

Z offset is a different thing. You’ll get to that. Lol

(Bucks County)

When you select the "auto home" function there is a slight movement up of the carriage along the Z axis, about 5 inches of unspinning of filament but no movement along the X or Y axis.

When I disengage the stepper motors I can manually move the carriage. I don't think I'll be able to level the bed since there is too large of a gap between the bed and the print nozzle. The bed was originally very loose but I have that tightened up now.
    I would trace the wires from the MB to the motors/switches. This sounds like the second axis home is wired to the extruder and not the motor it should be. Since the extruder is running instead of the axis motor, the axis the switch is on is never triggered and the homing times out. I could be wrong, but from my working with my Ender 3 Pro, that is what I think is happening on your machine.

Edit, try manually moving each axis and see what moves. If the extruder starts moving when you are trying to move X, Y or Z, you'll know which to swich.

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by t1066 View Post
    I would trace the wires from the MB to the motors/switches. This sounds like the second axis home is wired to the extruder and not the motor it should be. Since the extruder is running instead of the axis motor, the axis the switch is on is never triggered and the homing times out. I could be wrong, but from my working with my Ender 3 Pro, that is what I think is happening on your machine.

Edit, try manually moving each axis and see what moves. If the extruder starts moving when you are trying to move X, Y or Z, you'll know which to swich.
    This is what was happening. The extruder (e) cable was mislabed and was plugged in for the (x) axis. That's why the extruder was "dumping" out the filament.

Now the auto home works ? at least it goes back and forth on the x and y axis by itself and has some values on the display. The z axis will move but is not displaying a value.

I also moved the z-stop down vertically so I can begin to level the bed.

Thanks for the guidance
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

(Lackawanna County)

I’ve upgraded my e3p to the point of no more unless I want a new board etc to make it quieter and I’m just not interested in that. It’s really easy but yet frustrating to tinker with sometimes

(Bucks County)

This is what was happening. The extruder (e) cable was mislabed and was plugged in for the (x) axis. That's why the extruder was "dumping" out the filament.

Now the auto home works ? at least it goes back and forth on the x and y axis by itself and has some values on the display. The z axis will move but is not displaying a value.

I also moved the z-stop down vertically so I can begin to level the bed.

Thanks for the guidance
    Whoo-hoo! Glad I was able to point you in the right direction!

As for the Z axis, if it isn't displaying a value, I wonder if it is stalling out at the bottom of its travel, but not hitting the switch. A way to check is to move the stop switch up about an inch higher than it is currently. See if that gives you a value. If that doesn't help, I'm not sure what is going on.

Good luck!

(Bucks County)

Running this fast, I should be able to get decent production when needed.

https://youtube.com/shorts/J8jciyuB24o

(Blair County)

Well there goes the neighborhood
    bedLeveling.jpg

I don't think I have the bed quite level since the outer square is "thin" from the 9 o clock position over to the 3 o clock. Unless that was part of the print...

Either way I'm close. Thanks for the input guys.
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

(Washington County)

Here’s the 3D printer I just ordered:

https://bambulab.com/en-us/x1

First thing I'm printing is more 40mm projectiles for these mortar impact inserts I have.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by WCMG View Post
    Here*s the 3D printer I just ordered:

https://bambulab.com/en-us/x1

First thing I'm printing is more 40mm projectiles for these mortar impact inserts I have.
    I've had the X1 Carbon for a little while now and it legit blew my mind coming from Creality devices.

(Lackawanna County)

I’ve lhsted after that thing for a while now. I just can’t justify it as little as I print

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast