Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Smile S&W EZ 380 ACP FEEDBACK APPRECIATED

TY in advance,Cant stay away from the Hospital of late and looking at the S&W EZ for lower recoil ,easier CCW ,Not a fan of the Backstrap saftey though .I was thinking could it be dis-connected ? any feedback appreciated .And Got my Anterless permit out in the mail for 3D . Also because of recoil to arm & Chest I am thinking along the lines of a Bolt Action in 223 ?

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: S&W EZ 380 ACP FEEDBACK APPRECIATED

I'd go with the EZ - 9 vs 380. That's what I did I don't carry it all the time but when I do, it does the job. Has been reliable at the range, and carries nice.
    I don't have any issues with the grip safety - I'm sure you could do some gunsmithing and disable it - but I wouldn't bother. Good luck! And stay out of the hospital

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    TY in advance,Cant stay away from the Hospital of late and looking at the S&W EZ for lower recoil ,easier CCW ,Not a fan of the Backstrap saftey though .I was thinking could it be dis-connected ? any feedback appreciated .And Got my Anterless permit out in the mail for 3D . Also because of recoil to arm & Chest I am thinking along the lines of a Bolt Action in 223 ?
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

The EZ Pistols are actually Single Action Only, NOT striker fired as many people (including me, initially) assumed.

Buy one without a manual safety of that is your preference BUT - I would strongly advise against disabling "any" manufacturer safety, ESPECIALLY the grip safety on a SAO handgun, with no manual.safety.

JMHO

To your original question, my SO has a 380 EZ. She doesn't have a lot of rounds through it, but it has been reliable so far with FMJ and Hornady HP ammo. It is easy to shoot, easy to manipulate the slide, has minimal recoil, and small (but not too small) grip.

And yes I would have preferred she picked the 9mm.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
    The EZ Pistols are actually Single Action Only, NOT striker fired as many people (including me, initially) assumed.

Buy one without a manual safety of that is your preference BUT - I would strongly advise against disabling "any" manufacturer safety, ESPECIALLY the grip safety on a SAO handgun, with no manual.safety.

JMHO

To your original question, my SO has a 380 EZ. She doesn't have a lot of rounds through it, but it has been reliable so far with FMJ and Hornady HP ammo. It is easy to shoot, easy to manipulate the slide, has minimal recoil, and small (but not too small) grip.

And yes I would have preferred she picked the 9mm.
    funny nobody ever has a problem with the grip safety on 1911s
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post

I find .380 to be snappier than 9mm, though 9mm tends to have more recoil. You can get light weight defensive rounds like Underwood Xtreme Defense 65gr or Liberty Civil Defense 9mm that have less recoil and are excellent for SD.

The grip safety on the EZ is easily defeated with a rubber band or a Hogue sleeve or gaffer tape; same as folks do with the grip safety on the XDM. No need to modify the gun. That being said, if you're really worried about the grip safety, don't buy a gun with one. Look at the Shield Plus. I found the slide is easy to rack and it holds 13+1.

Quote Originally Posted by middlefinger View Post
    funny nobody ever has a problem with the grip safety on 1911s

Lots of people have, that's why grip safeties have humps now. Competition guys learned long ago that, when riding the safety on a GI model, it was easy to lift off the safety under stress. The solution was to add a speed hump. Problem solved.

(Montgomery County)

Do not disconnect the safety. It is what makes the pistol drop safe.

(Monroe County)

My preference is the Springfield 911, comes wither 9mm or .380, I prefer a hammer. I have a Springfield XDs .45, Saving up for an XDe.

(Franklin County)

The grip safety is part of having an EZ, if you don't want a grip safety look at another firearm.
    I don't personally have an issue with carrying a 380. A hot 380 round like
    Underwood or Buffalo Bore, shot out of a moderate sized handgun (3" + barrel) matches or betters the ballistics of a 38 from a 2" barrel.
    My goto pocket gun is a Glock 42. It's small and light enough to pocket carry, but also big enough to handle and shoot well. Another favorite 380 is the Bersa Thunder. Large for a pocket but would be a nice little hip gun with mild recoil. No grip safety but does have a decocker.
    Last edited by ray h; August 2nd, 2021 at 04:47 PM.
    The Hostler

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    I find .380 to be snappier than 9mm, though 9mm tends to have more recoil.

The grip safety on the EZ is easily defeated with a rubber band or a Hogue sleeve or gaffer tape; same as folks do with the grip safety on the XDM..

Quote Originally Posted by Plunkit View Post
    Do not disconnect the safety. It is what makes the pistol drop safe.
    ^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

I find the EZ less "SNAPPY" ....much less than my LCP.. And I don't really think it is(LCP) all than snappy....

I would NOT put a Hogue sleeve or tape.. Just my .02 look for something else.. I have no issue with it..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast