Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Hotel Worker ‘Averted Disaster’ Finding Loaded Rifle And Scope In Guest’s Room

Illegitimus non carborundum est

Default Re: Hotel Worker ‘Averted Disaster’ Finding Loaded Rifle And Scope In Guest’s Room

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    Black and very Killy looking

First, I'm skeptical about the hotel worker seeing stuff out in the open. Probably looking inside every bag and case and box in the room, looking for something to pilfer. Hotel jobs aren't the kinds of jobs people fear losing. Same thing applies to shipped packages that "just happened to burst open and dummy grenades fell out", which is still the fake story behind the Waco massacre.

Second, neither of those guns in the pic is a rifle. And the rifle scope is just stupid on an unstocked, oversized handgun.

Third, so much of law enforcement in large cities acts as though you have no right to own guns, and if you have them, you should be arrested and charged with whatever sounds vaguely plausible.

There was a case, in Philadelphia I think, where a legally-blind guy had his rooms filled with boxes of guns that he bought perfectly legally. Someone, maybe his landlord, snuck in and found them, called the cops, and the cops did 2 very stupid things: They confiscated all the guns "so they wouldn't be stolen", and they alerted the press that this guy in this room had a whole bunch of guns that he probably couldn't protect if the criminals heard about them. Which they just did, because the cops told them.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    If you're spending time in downtown Chicago, I don't think this is enough.
    -Brandon

(Allegheny County)

Now that I see the picture of the guns and the guy, I am 99.999% certain that no tragedy was averted.

Nobody is going to be "sniping" people with that freaking pistol. (not the handgun either!)

Maybe he just had them laying on the most convenient flat surface available for no other reason than it was the most convenient flat surface available.
    Who knows - I just know that my Spidey senses are NOT tingling.

Dude got hosed.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Now that I see the picture of the guns and the guy, I am 99.999% certain that no tragedy was averted.

Nobody is going to be "sniping" people with that freaking pistol. (not the handgun either!)

Maybe he just had them laying on the most convenient flat surface available for no other reason than it was the most convenient flat surface available.

Dude got hosed.
    The last hotel I stayed in, just this past weekend had the luggage stand beside the window. Pretty feasible that was the most convenient place to lay them down.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Monroe County)

Note to self when leaving firearms in a hotel/motel room...leave a do not disturb sign on the outside of the door.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

Dude got hosed.
    You say that's NOT a Barrett and an Uzi?
    Oh well, at least Chicago is a safer place now.

Wonder what the maids would think at any hotel near a CMP or 3-gun match?
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    Note to self when leaving firearms in a hotel/motel room...leave a do not disturb sign on the outside of the door.
    Depending on the length of stay, get extra towels, soap, shampoo, etc the day you arrive and check in. ALWAYS put the do not disturb sign out.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast