Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Pike County)

Default Re: Small revolver recomendation

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    I own a Taurus 85 and a Ruger LCR. I'd take the LCR over the 85 any day of the week (it's on my hip right now actually). Not that the Taurus is particularly bad, but the LCR is lighter, better trigger, and allows for sight upgrades. Should be able to find one under $500. IMHO, I'd happily spend an extra $100 on the Ruger, maybe a little more.
    Pretty much the same opinion here. The 85 in .38 special was fine, no complaints. But eventually it was supplanted by an LCR; have owned them is several calibers.
    Life Member SAF, CCRKBA; Senior Life Member FOAC

(Blair County)

Sorry, just checking back in gonna go to the store today and see what they will give me on a like new p365 against 1 of the 4 Airlights they have in stock. They have 1 with a hammer 2 hammerless and a ladysmith....

(Bucks County)

I went with the P365XL and really like it.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Edg View Post
    Sorry, just checking back in gonna go to the store today and see what they will give me on a like new p365 against 1 of the 4 Airlights they have in stock. They have 1 with a hammer 2 hammerless and a ladysmith....
    If you're going to pocket carry, hammerless is the way to go. Less chance to get snagged on clothes and it's gonna be fired double action for defense anyways.

(Berks County)

I just purchased two S&W J-frames in 38 Special (642, 638), $460 each for brand new guns. One at Shyada's and one at Richland Shooters Supply. Don't waste your time on Taurus and the like. They may look alike, but in form, fit finish and function, S&W makes a superior firearm.

Just one man's two cents worth

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by boomervet View Post
    I just purchased two S&W J-frames in 38 Special (642, 638), $460 each for brand new guns. One at Shyada's and one at Richland Shooters Supply. Don't waste your time on Taurus and the like. They may look alike, but in form, fit finish and function, S&W makes a superior firearm.

Sounds like good choices! I hope you enjoy using them for many years to come!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by boomervet View Post

It's creeping from opinion to absolute fact...

The Smith or Ruger is worth the money over the Taurus.
    Look for a 442 Pro Series. The trigger and no-lock make it worth the premium. The stainless cylinder with polished flutes is just the bonus. I put Hogue grips on mine to replace the lame tuckable grip thing.

(Berks County)

I wouldn't want to be searching for and paying for revolver ammo right now for a new gun new caliber situation. If that's the case get a revolver in 9mm for this point in time. Otherwise I recommend the 640-1 with crimson trace regular size grips,green laser.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234