Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New Ruger LCP Max

The latest upgrade to America's favorite ultra-compact pistol: the LCP® MAX. Chambered in .380 Auto, the Ruger® LCP® MAX fits 10+1 rounds into the same footprint as the LCP® II. Compact and lightweight, the LCP® MAX continues to be the definitive pocket-sized personal protection pistol.

Ruger LCP Max.jpg

max v max 9.jpg

https://ruger.com/products/lcpMax/specSheets/13716.html

Caliber: .380 ACP
    Barrel: 2.80 inches
    Overall Length: 5.17 inches
    Weight: 10.6 ounces
    Height: 4.12 inches
    Width: .93 inches
    Grip: Glass-Filled Nylon
    Sights: U-notch Rear, Tritium Front
    Action: Secure Action, Hammer
    Finish: Black Oxide
    Capacity: 10+1
    MSRP: $449

https://www.personaldefenseworld.com...cp-max-pistol/

THE RUGER LCP MAX BRINGS AN ALL-NEW DESIGN, WITH AN IMPROVED SIGHTING SYSTEM AND INCREASED CAPACITY FOR 12+1 ROUNDS OF .380 FOR EDC.

The LCP MAX isn*t just a new version with a tweak here and an adjustment there. It*s almost an entirely new pistol. First, Ruger decided to borrow from the micro-capacity playbook and increase the LCP MAX*s magazine capacity from the LCP II*s six rounds to 10 rounds. To accomplish this, the height of the LCP MAX has been increased .41 inches more than the LCP II*s height, and the width has been increased slightly from .75 inches to .93 inches. Even so, the LCP MAX is still smaller*and significantly lighter*than any micro-compact 9mm pistol on the market. That makes it very easy to carry and conceal, even during these summer months with lighter clothing.

Despite its compact size and weighing only 10.3 ounces, the LCP MAX was very comfortable to grip and shoot and the recoil was easily managed. For even better control and additional capacity, Ruger also offers an optional 12-round magazine that has an extended baseplate, offering more room for a fuller grip on the pistol. But what really impressed me about the LCP MAX was its accuracy*thanks in large part to the excellent sights. With Winchester*s 95-grain Personal Protection load, I was able to shoot 1-inch groups with the LCP MAX at 7 yards. In one group, four out of five shots were under half an inch. That*s pretty damn good!

Another big change is the addition of extremely nice, honest-to-goodness sights. Where the LCP II had tiny, rather perfunctory, sights, the LCP MAX comes with a U-notch, serrated rear sight and a tritium front sight with a white outline for easy visibility.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/con...ruger-lcp-max/

Each Ruger LCP MAX ships with a 10-round, flush-fit magazine, and there's a finger-grip extension included that's designed to give you a better hold on the diminutive frame. A 12-round extended magazine is also available. The LCP MAX also features a reversible magazine release to accommodate left-handed shooters. You'll still find generous slide serrations at the front and rear to aid in racking, and there are enhanced wings at the back of the slide that make it easier than ever to get your gun into battery. Shooting is easy, too, since the gun's barrel-cam geometry has been designed to slow the slide in an effort to reduce felt recoil.

The LCP MAX is designed to fit most existing LCP II holsters. Barrel length measures 2.8", the overall length of the gun is 5.17" and the height measures 4.12" with the flush-fit 10-round magazine. The suggested retail price on the new Ruger LCP MAX is $449.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: New Ruger LCP Max

This is a pretty big deal IMO. Great sights, still tiny but not so tiny it's realistically useless, and 11 or 13 rounds of 380 is solid capability for this size.

Just like the Shield Plus rendered the Shield as second class, this just did the same for the previous LCPs.

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    This is a pretty big deal IMO. Great sights, still tiny but not so tiny it's realistically useless, and 11 or 13 rounds of 380 is solid capability for this size.

Just like the Shield Plus rendered the Shield as second class, this just did the same for the previous LCPs.
    I'm mixed on it

But for about that same price you can get several guns in 9MM that aren't much bigger.

(Bucks County)

11 round pocket gun. I*m in
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Pike County)

(Allegheny County)

I like my LCP.. I would at least take a look at it..

(Chester County)

Still carry my LCP regularly, this looks like a nice upgrade, although I'll wait about a year to see if there are any problems or recalls with the Max.

The 'slim-ness' of the original is what makes it. Fat is not where it's at for pocket pistols.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Ruger again ships with only 1 mag ? Not sure I would want this max model,given a slight differnt size in othe firearms can fit the bill !

(York County)

had one of these come in to the shop in 9mm. overall it wasnt all that great. the 9mm is shipping with two mags, but the .380 is still shipping with one for some reason. the trigger pull is still horrible as with most all ruger pistols. the sights aren't bad and Ruger isn't exactly breaking ground with anything new to the market on these. its a higher capacity hand gun which Sig has been doing for years as well as Springfield. the price point of the 9mm version is the same as better made pistols of the same specs so im not sure what the big deal is on this one. that being said, its new so many people will run out and buy it, take it to the range, hate it, and then sell it off.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast