Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Wayne County)

Default RESIDENT MENTORED ADULT PERMIT

Been searching for info regarding resident mentored permit but haven't found anything. If anyone can explain this one to me, I'm assuming its an alternative to taking hunt ed courses. I'd also want to know if it allows me the access to SGL shooting range, which requires either a general hunting license or range permit. Thank you in advance

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: RESIDENT MENTORED ADULT PERMIT

It*s not a alternative to taking the hunter safety course, it allows you to hunt for 3 years with a licensed hunter that mentors you in hunter safety, ethnics, and knowledge of hunting regulations. 17yr old and older must me accompanied by a current valid license holder, and be within visual and verbal contact (cell phones and Walkie-talkies don*t count).

As for state game land ranges, it states current hunting license or range permit, no mention mentor permit. You could always email the game commission to get an answer, but be sure to get it in writing or email, so you have proof to show the local game wardens when they question you at the range.
    Last edited by Lilpooh; July 16th, 2021 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Add info

(Wayne County)

Default Re: RESIDENT MENTORED ADULT PERMIT

Thank you for that

Quote Originally Posted by Lilpooh View Post
    It*s not a alternative to taking the hunter safety course, it allows you to hunt for 3 years with a licensed hunter that mentors you in hunter safety, ethnics, and knowledge of hunting regulations. 17yr old and older must me accompanied by a current valid license holder, and be within visual and verbal contact (cell phones and Walkie-talkies don*t count).

As for state game land ranges, it states current hunting license or range permit, no mention mentor permit. You could always email the game commission to get an answer, but be sure to get it in writing or email, so you have proof to show the local game wardens when they question you at the range.