Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Ask to Come to State Police Barracks for Questioning PIC's Denial?

Obviously, his friend isn't Hunter Biden. We live under a two-tiered justice system - one for the elites and ruling class, another for us prols.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by Will3212 View Post
    If he's "free to go", and law enforcement didnt read him Miranda rights, can what he say still be used against him in court?
    I would think that if he's "free to go," then he's not "bound to come" to the station.

IANAL, but it seems that the best course of action short of engaging an attorney right now is to not present himself at the station. If they come after him with a warrant, then (gun law) lawyer up before making any statement.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by SigForLife View Post
    Needs to lawyer up, ASAP and STOP talking to LE
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    The purpose of the police asking him to come in, is to get him to provide evidence that he "knowingly" lied on the form, and on the Challenge Form. They get this in a friendly manner, by chatting and getting him to admit that he remembers the incident that he denied on the forms.

Once they have that admission, they have their prima facie case against him. It was an unsworn, written statement on the 4473 and on the Challenge, it was false, he knew it was false because he recalls the incident.

He might talk and still help himself, but not if he lies, not if he doesn't know their game. It's like playing poker in a group where you're the only person who doesn't know how it's played; you'll lose.

The time to invest a little money in this is now, when it's a little money for lawyers. Not later, AFTER he's given them the case to use against him, because they know exactly what they need and he doesn't. At that point it's a full legal defense, with preliminary hearing and arraignment and conferences and research and document prep and phone calls and more conferences and a trial, all of which constitute lucrative billable hours.
    Take these two replies as the most important, or possibly the only replies worth listening to; and do not do ANYTHING other than what these two replies state.
    --ET

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    Take these two replies as the most important, or possibly the only replies worth listening to; and do not do ANYTHING other than what these two replies state.
    I concur. Both of those quoted replies are from LAWYERS.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Montgomery County)

First I want to say how much I appreciate all the replies and genuine effort to provide clarification and insight.

At this point the person who was asked to come in and "talk" to the State Police, has agreed to be interviewed without an attorney, the meeting is this Monday the 5th.

I'll let everyone know how it goes or doesn't go.

Best Regards,

(Lancaster County)

He still has time to get an attorney, which is exactly what he should do. Nothing good will come from him going alone.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by 4191775 View Post
    First I want to say how much I appreciate all the replies and genuine effort to provide clarification and insight.

At this point the person who was asked to come in and "talk" to the State Police, has agreed to be interviewed without an attorney, the meeting is this Monday the 5th.

I'll let everyone know how it goes or doesn't go.

Best Regards,

Are you enough of a friend to post bail?

(Berks County)

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Tell him to watch this video first: https://youtu.be/d-7o9xYp7eE

And then tell him he's a moron if he still wants to go.

Look on the bright side , he could just say he's too busy , and they'll come see him.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast