Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Machinist in DE county

I have a couple lowers that are in need of some minor mill work...looking for a reputable, approved, machinist I can leave these with who can do the job for a reasonable fee.

Thanks.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Machinist in DE county

Wow...no responses at all. I guess no one uses a machinist anymore since end mills and bench press tutorials are readily available. I had one gunsmith return my emails with availability. The rest either did not respond or did not have any time to take on new business. Must be nice.

I have decided to do the work myself. I did one lower with my old Craftsman bench press and a couple carbide bits...and it did the job very well. Going to invest in a couple end mill bits and hopefully decrease my time on the press and provide a slightly cleaner finish.

Epiphany gun-works in York, PA was the only one to respond with availability...Samuel responds to the emails...he is the gun smith and shop owner.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    I have a couple lowers that are in need of some minor mill work...looking for a reputable, approved, machinist I can leave these with who can do the job for a reasonable fee.

Thanks.
    FWIW, reading your post just sent my ATF alarm through the roof with such terse wording and suspect intentions.
    Either you have an 80% that needs finishing, which is illegal, or you have a serialized lower, that would need left with
    a FFL gunsmith not a machinist ? Maybe neither, but I certain wouldn't respond back to such a request.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI View Post
    FWIW, reading your post just sent my ATF alarm through the roof with such terse wording and suspect intentions.
    Either you have an 80% that needs finishing, which is illegal, or you have a serialized lower, that would need left with
    a FFL gunsmith not a machinist ? Maybe neither, but I certain wouldn't respond back to such a request.
    Maybe if you stopped looking at everything from a conspiratorial POV, you would have read in the post (you copied) that I was seeking "reputable, approved, machinist I can leave these with"...just saying. I think I covered my intent with reputable and approved...which can and does mean a lot of different things to the right people.

I actually have Colt lowers which have an aluminum web in the trigger pocket which doesn't allow for some drop-in trigger groups to be used.

(Delaware County)

There is a gunsmith at Scorpion High Performance in Brookhaven who might be able to help you out. He did a few light machining jobs for me and did a good job.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    There is a gunsmith at Scorpion High Performance in Brookhaven who might be able to help you out. He did a few light machining jobs for me and did a good job.
    Thanks for responding. I ended up buying an X Y table and a milling vise to go along with a couple 3/8" carbide end mills...I think my milling days are just getting started. I have milled 4 receivers so far. 2 to go.

Slow and steady does the job. Glad I gave it a shot...pleased with the results.

(Delaware County)

You can't be too carful now a days!!
    Our brethren are already in the Field, why stand we here Idle?
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late