Hello.

I recently read the following thread: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=332320. Obviously, it was written before the 2020 drama. I wanted to check in with you folks to see if what was written then still applies now...

In light of the restrictions attempted to be imposed upon us in PA beginning in 2020 that affect(ed) the 2A, and any remnants of the "lifted" restrictions, as well as any future "events", I want to ask the following question:

in what way, if any, does an Emergency Declaration, State of Emergency, or Disaster Declaration by a government official affect one's ability to keep/transport long guns in a vehicle. Not just to the range and back but to carry around in your vehicle just because you choose to. From what I have read on the USCCA and NRA websites where they list a breakdown of PA gun laws, as well as the PA government website, it appears that these declarations have no impact on carrying an unloaded rifle/shotgun (long-gun) around in your vehicle with you. I have read that there is a rarely enforced component to these declarations that affects open-carry, where one cannot openly carry a firearm on public streets/property unless they have a LTCF and are carrying concealed, but that does not seem to apply to this post because I am only referring to long-guns (not "firearms") which have nothing to do with a LTCF and not talking about open-carry, just carrying it along with you in a vehicle.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but as a LAGO, I should be good-to-go if I choose to carry any of my legally purchased long-guns in the cab of my truck as long as it is not loaded and the loaded detachable magazine is in it's own compartment. I live in Adams County and this scenario would only apply to Adams and York County, not Philadelphia or Pittsburgh.

Thanks