Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: Carrying Long Guns in a Vehicle During Government Declarations

Quote Originally Posted by ATBackpackin View Post
    I'm sure you have your reasons, but it does make one wonder why you just don't get a LTCF and be done with all this fuckery.
    I do have my reasons, but the short answer is that I had a LTCF for quite some time, let it expire, moved NJ for 7 years, been back in PA for 3 years, and now I do not have two references for the LTCF application. And as far as I know Adams County still requires the references.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Maybe he just thinks it's a ridiculous notion that on one day certain things require a license, and on very next day, every single thing with every type of firearm requires a license, and that status can continue perpetually, and he doesn't want to play along.

If I hadn't garnered such notoriety in my local area, I may well have decided to forego licensing myself. As it is, I push any boundary I can and refuse to produce a license when it's not required.
    You are correct it is a ridiculous notion, and I believe 6107 is completely unconstitutional and needs to be repealed or amended somehow. For me, I am not necessarily trying to push any boundaries, but I want to exercise my 2A right to carry any of my unloaded long arms with me in my vehicle if I so choose to.

Did you happen to read the email response I received from PEMA that I put in my July 16th, 2021, 07:41 PM entry of this post? I was hoping to read your reaction to it.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 584_Mini View Post
    You are correct it is a ridiculous notion, and I believe 6107 is completely unconstitutional and needs to be repealed or amended somehow. For me, I am not necessarily trying to push any boundaries, but I want to exercise my 2A right to carry any of my unloaded long arms with me in my vehicle if I so choose to.

Did you happen to read the email response I received from PEMA that I put in my July 16th, 2021, 07:41 PM entry of this post? I was hoping to read your reaction to it.
    Pretty sure you don't have that "right" other than "to and from" the gun range or a couple other exceptions.

Maybe I'm wrong - it's been a long time since I've needed to be concerned with it.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Apply this to all declarations on the list:

1. Is it older than 21 days?

2. If no, it's still in effect (unless already explicitly lifted). If yes, has the legislature approved extension?

3. If no, IT'S OVER
    I missed this thread. Is Pennsylvania free of state of emergencies at the moment?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    I missed this thread. Is Pennsylvania free of state of emergencies at the moment?
    August 5th the Teachers Union pension accounts will stop being filled by the federal government using the declaration of emergency provision unless governor peepers renews it.

Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by 584_Mini View Post
    I do have my reasons, but the short answer is that I had a LTCF for quite some time, let it expire, moved NJ for 7 years, been back in PA for 3 years, and now I do not have two references for the LTCF application. And as far as I know Adams County still requires the references.
    Send me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Pretty sure you don't have that "right" other than "to and from" the gun range or a couple other exceptions.

Maybe I'm wrong - it's been a long time since I've needed to be concerned with it.
    I am about 99% sure you are correct.

Which again illustrates the undeniable legal advantage of an AR pistol (or similar) in Pennsylvania.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    August 5th the Teachers Union pension accounts will stop being filled by the federal government using the declaration of emergency provision unless governor peepers renews it.

I checked the PEMA site. Im sure Wolf will continue to proclaim until November 2022 (and I will be objective amd say that one of them may be legit!). With that in mind, no emergency is older than 21 days. I assume that the "5th amendment" referenced in one of the terminations is the recent amendment vote.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

Actually I do have the right to carry any of my legally purchased long-guns in the cab of my truck as long as it is not loaded and the loaded detachable magazine is in it's own compartment - when there are no active emergency declarations. That is why I am attempting to drill-down on the actual SOE status (old 90-day vs new 21-day limits) termed by the General Assembly. For long-arms, the exceptions you mentioned above only apply during SOE.

(Bucks County)

If a LTCF is required to transport a long gun during a state of emergency, wouldn't a lot of hunters - resident and non-resident - be SOL?

Bill

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast