Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default STRIBOG's in stock and Sportsmans Warehouse - Chambersburg PA

I know a lot of guys have been searching for this little guy. Noticed two in the case at SW this morning. They have a Gen 1 for $849 and a Gen 3 for $1,049. I'd go for the Gen 1. I've owned mine for about a year and she is a absolute work horse. Well built, accurate, dead nuts reliable out of the box.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: STRIBOG's in stock and Sportsmans Warehouse - Chambersburg PA

I got an A1, and did the A3 Tactical Scorpion mag lower*. And shortened the barrel and added a tri-lug and a spring kit*..
    Runs like a top*. My only complaint is I jumped early and got the lower without the bolt hold open*. I didn*t think I would miss it*.. I was wrong!

Lingle has the aluminum lower, but I*m not sure if they still offer their poly one anymore** for their price I would have bought one and sold the A3 at a loss*.
    A Templar is truly a fearless knight, and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith, just as his body is protected by the armor of steel.
    Big whoop, I'm spooning a Barret .50 Cal...... I could like kill a building.....

(Cumberland County)

Stribog 1's available now for $778 with 3 mags and brace. I'm temped! I have a Ruger Charger Carbine but the Stribog has always intrigued me. But, I have heard from many that they have had a lot of issues with the gen 1's? Thoughts?
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Stribog 1's available now for $778 with 3 mags and brace. I'm temped! I have a Ruger Charger Carbine but the Stribog has always intrigued me. But, I have heard from many that they have had a lot of issues with the gen 1's? Thoughts?

The big issue was the mags. A lot of folks complaining that they would break or crack if you left them loaded, bumped them, or just looked at them funny. There was a reinforced mag introduced, but folks were having issues with them. Supposedly, Grand Power replaced the follower and springs and that improved the feeding issues, but the mags are still prone to cracking.

Reliability problems arose from the updates that Grand Power made as part of the transition to the A3. The owner of GP blamed it on weak American 9mm vs the hot NATO 9mm they designed the gun around.

I belonged to a Stribog group because I was seriously considering an A3. That was until I started seeing all the complaints. Figured it wasn't worth it.

A lot of videos of folks who had issues that say their problems were mostly resolved with new mags/followers/springs/bolts, etc. Not sure if that's the case or not. Caveat emptor.

(Cumberland County)

Yeah, still debating. I think everyone is dumping brace pistols because of what the ATF is probably going to do - $200 tax stamp each or you're an instant felon thanks to our "amazing" President and Politicians! Very sad for sure..................
    Side note - looks like apps like gunbroker are now down due to big tech not allowing them anymore - at least that's what I'm hearing as to why gunbroker is no longer functioning on Iphone.....................
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Franklin County)

The mags are a weak point, I agree. I have not had any problems personally, but I've only left mags loaded for a couple weeks at most. Otherwise mine has been fantastic. Ive ran it about any way one could +p 115's down to subsonic 147 gr. Suppressed and

(Beaver County)

The Stribog is a great platform. Mine is a SP9A1 with non reciprocating charging handle. Vastly superior to the Ruger carbine in my opinion because of the familiar controls. I have 7 magazines and while some of them don't drop free when empty quite as easily, none of them have cracked or caused any malfunctions. I have them loaded pretty much all of the time except for the time between when I shoot the ammo and maybe a day later when I reload them and put them back in my safe.

I was going to buy the A3 when it came out because my wife wanted a second PCC but it seems to require 124 grain NATO ammo to run reliably.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzy4200 View Post
    The mags are a weak point, I agree. I have not had any problems personally, but I've only left mags loaded for a couple weeks at most. Otherwise mine has been fantastic. Ive ran it about any way one could +p 115's down to subsonic 147 gr. Suppressed and
    I really like mine, been a blast to shoot. The mags have been an issue for me specifically with steel casings. Obviously steel isn't great to use for other reasons, but in these particular mags they just refuse to feed out of the mag and jam up. Haven't had any of the other issues mentioned (yet) but I haven't put it through a ton of use yet either.
    -Brandon

(Allegheny County)

buy a cz instead of these problematic pos

(Tioga County)

I bought a Scorpion and it just gobbles up everything I give it and don't have to worry about it. Stribog would be nice to have for kicks but they don't really seem to work well.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast