Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: STRIBOG's in stock and Sportsmans Warehouse - Chambersburg PA

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    buy a cz instead of these problematic pos

The Scorpion needs upgrades right out of the box to make it a comfortable shooter. The safety levers suck, for one. They also had their fair share of issues early on, many of them mag related. But CZ and the aftermarket has fixed much of that.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    The Scorpion needs upgrades right out of the box to make it a comfortable shooter. The safety levers suck, for one. They also had their fair share of issues early on, many of them mag related. But CZ and the aftermarket has fixed much of that.
    Yes, that is the thing with the Scorpion is that like a Glock you pretty much gotta replace everything. However like a Glock it's not hard to do.

(Franklin County)

I think the very early imports had some hiccups. The Gen 1's and are incredible. Not sure where some people get the impression they are junk, other than those who bought CZ's and want to justify their purchase. My Stribog is dead reliable. It will cycle light loads that can choke my Glock 17. CZ's look like something a video game nerd would design. That, and there's a reason there are so many aftermarket parts for them. The factory parts suck. The Stribog is a robust go-to-work tool out of the box. Anyone who has owned/shot both will tell you the Stribog is a higher quality firearm.

Or you could put both to shame and just buy a B&T.

(Franklin County)

I think the very early imports had some hiccups. The Gen 1's and are incredible. Not sure where some people get the impression they are junk, other than those who bought CZ's and want to justify their purchase. My Stribog is dead reliable. It will cycle light loads that can choke my Glock 17. CZ's look like something a video game nerd would design. That, and there's a reason there are so many aftermarket parts for them. The factory parts suck. The Stribog is a robust go-to-work tool out of the box. Anyone who has owned/shot both will tell you the Stribog is a higher quality firearm. You are looking at a all metal, military issue sub gun vs. a 70% plastic range toy.

(Beaver County)

buy a cz instead of these problematic pos
    Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    I bought a Scorpion and it just gobbles up everything I give it and don't have to worry about it. Stribog would be nice to have for kicks but they don't really seem to work well.
    Do either of you actually own a Stribog?

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzy4200 View Post
    I think the very early imports had some hiccups. The Gen 1's and are incredible. Not sure where some people get the impression they are junk, other than those who bought CZ's and want to justify their purchase. My Stribog is dead reliable. It will cycle light loads that can choke my Glock 17. CZ's look like something a video game nerd would design. That, and there's a reason there are so many aftermarket parts for them. The factory parts suck. The Stribog is a robust go-to-work tool out of the box. Anyone who has owned/shot both will tell you the Stribog is a higher quality firearm. You are looking at a all metal, military issue sub gun vs. a 70% plastic range toy.

100% agreed. I've held the Scorpion three times in the two years I've had my Stribog and I've been disappointed each time. The gun works; I've shot them and I do like the magazines BUT the grip is terrible, the charging handle is too small so it's too close to the top rail, and the safety is fucking garbage. I hated the stock on the carbine version as well. All of that is my opinion based on my trigger time and actual real world gun handling not a youtube video I watched or what I heard from someone else who knows somebody that shot one once. My wife wants another PCC so we're getting a PSA AR-V carbine to go along with my Stribog.

(Allegheny County)

I don't own a stribog so my experience is limited to 2 friends that had them and bitched constantly about them.
    I may be totally wrong.
    the cz works perfectly every time. I know some people claim the safety is uncomfortable but it never bothered my hands.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by HaroldRichardJohnson View Post
    Do either of you actually own a Stribog?
    No, but their issues with magazines and spent cases falling into the receiver is well documented on video. Otherwise I would have bought one.

Thing is for me after having plenty of issues with firearms that have issues or have to be sent back to the manufacturer, I just want stuff that works. The Scorpion runs like a train. It shoots fine out of the box and you can run it that way, it's just that there is scope to improve it with other parts. The CZ parts themselves are not junk.

(Tioga County)

I don't own a stribog so my experience is limited to 2 friends that had them and bitched constantly about them.
    I may be totally wrong.
    the cz works perfectly every time. I know some people claim the safety is uncomfortable but it never bothered my hands.
    Once you change the grip angle on the Scorpion, the safety isn't as much an issue, if at all. It's a $20-$25 change that can be made in 3 minutes.

(Cumberland County)

Stribog SP9A1 with flat trigger, 3 mags and folding brace down to $685 now. I know some say great gun some say not so much but for that price, hmmmmmmm
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast