Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Pennsylvania gun carry permits soared in 2020, except in Philadelphia

Pennsylvania experienced an explosion in gun-carry licenses in 2020—except in Philadelphia, where residents were plagued by shutdowns and roadblocks thrown up by local authorities.

While 62,737 more gun-carry licenses were issued in the state during 2020 than during 2019, an increase of 25 percent, Philadelphia saw a 19 percent decrease. The city, which houses about 12.3 percent of the state’s population and its largest African-American community, issued just 2.3 percent of gun-carry licenses in the state. Philadelphia has the state’s largest population, but 11 other counties issued more gun-carry licenses in 2020. Philadelphia was among just 7 localities to see a decrease, compared to 60 that saw an increase, according to a recently released report from the Pennsylvania State Police.

Only Lackawanna, Potter, and Delaware counties saw a bigger percentage drop in the number of permits issued in 2020, with Lackawanna posting a 34 percent decline. Philadelphia saw the largest raw-number decline by issuing 1,795 fewer licenses in 2020 than in 2019. The Philadelphia Police Department and the sheriff’s departments in the three other counties did not respond to requests for comment.

The drop in licenses issued by Philadelphia came even as gun sales in the city jumped by more than 158 percent to 31,368. That far outpaces the 54 percent increase experienced by the rest of the state.

Philly’s abnormal downturn in issuing licenses may hurt the city in future litigation. It stems from city officials’ decision to shut down the application process at the onset of the coronavirus pandemic and to keep it shut down longer than counties in the rest of the state.

https://broadandliberty.com/2021/06/...-philadelphia/
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Pennsylvania gun carry permits soared in 2020, except in Philadelphia

I'm surprised Delaware County saw a big drop. I got mine in 2020 and it was very easy.

Default Re: Pennsylvania gun carry permits soared in 2020, except in Philadelphia

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Pennsylvania experienced an explosion in gun-carry licenses in 2020*except in Philadelphia, where residents were plagued by shutdowns and roadblocks thrown up by local authorities.

While 62,737 more gun-carry licenses were issued in the state during 2020 than during 2019, an increase of 25 percent, Philadelphia saw a 19 percent decrease. The city, which houses about 12.3 percent of the state*s population and its largest African-American community, issued just 2.3 percent of gun-carry licenses in the state. Philadelphia has the state*s largest population, but 11 other counties issued more gun-carry licenses in 2020. Philadelphia was among just 7 localities to see a decrease, compared to 60 that saw an increase, according to a recently released report from the Pennsylvania State Police.

Systematic racism?
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Systematic racism?
    General assholery.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Chester County)

George Floyd riots drove first time gun buyers and ltcf applications. (duh, choir preaching)

My two (liberal) neighbor friends both got pistols and ltcf*s last year because they were afraid. I also taught them safety and how to shoot at my gun club.

Next, I will try and convert them to conservative ideology.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Systematic racism?
    Yes. All gun control is racist whether direct or indirect.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    General assholery.
    Yes.