Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Colorado Governor Turns Back Clock, Signing Bill Nullifying Preemption

Colorado gun rights took a leap backward over the weekend as Democrat Gov. Jared Polis signed legislation essentially gutting the Centennial State’s firearms preemption law, thus allowing local municipalities to establish their own gun control laws.

It returns Colorado to a checkerboard situation where neighboring jurisdictions might have different, perhaps conflicting gun laws that confuse, and according to some critics, possibly even ensnare gun owners into situations where they might be violating a local law by crossing an invisible jurisdictional line.

At the same time, Gov. Polis signed another measure establishing an “Office of Gun Violence Prevention,” whose job will be to coordinate and promote efforts to reduce “gun violence.” The bill provides $3 million in funding for this new office.

According to the Denver Post, Senate Bill 21-256 “reverses a ban that keeps local governments (towns, cities and counties) from creating their own gun regulations.

“But local jurisdictions can only make ordinances that are stricter, not more lenient, than state law,” the newspaper explained. “Any regulations currently in place that are less restrictive are effectively overturned. A person can only face a criminal penalty for violating local laws if they knew about them or reasonably should have known. The new law also puts concealed-carry requirements back in the hands of the state so they’re consistent, but it does allow local governments to decide where those guns can be carried.”

https://www.libertyparkpress.com/col...ng-preemption/
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Colorado Governor Turns Back Clock, Signing Bill Nullifying Preemption

Colorado is beyond lost.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Colorado Governor Turns Back Clock, Signing Bill Nullifying Preemption

This what happens when Democrats move in, especially West Coast...

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pag23 View Post
    This what happens when Democrats move in, especially West Coast...
    There's no doubt that many of those fleeing California due to the craziness will take with them some of the insanity they considered 'common sense' while in that Demented Democrat Dominated Area.

Remember that this can happen here (especially with escapees from New York, New Jersey and Maryland) if we don't keep a vigil on who is elected. Once they are in office, they tend to abandon their promises and vote for themselves more of the money and power that belongs to The People.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ImminentDanger View Post
    There's no doubt that many of those fleeing California due to the craziness will take with them some of the insanity they considered 'common sense' while in that Demented Democrat Dominated Area.

Remember that this can happen here (especially with escapees from New York, New Jersey and Maryland) if we don't keep a vigil on who is elected. Once they are in office, they tend to abandon their promises and vote for themselves more of the money and power that belongs to The People.

Yup..I worry about all the NY and NJ plates in my area, but I hope the amount of Don't Tread on Me and US flags I see around deters the Demoidiots and brings conservatives from those states....I hope

Colorado is the perfect example of what happens when liberal parasites from California infest a new area. It's happening to Texas and Idaho now.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin///M View Post
    Colorado is the perfect example of what happens when liberal parasites from California infest a new area. It's happening to Texas and Idaho now.
    It is happening in PA as well with the locusts from NY, NJ, and MD.

I have a friend in CO that moved there from CA to get away from CA's gun laws, taxes, and sociological crap - only to find CO turning into East California.

Heavily leaning liberal states have more than enough left-voters to spare. They can easily swing a Red state into a Blue state, and still retain the originating state(s).
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    .. possibly even ensnare gun owners into situations where they might be violating a local law..
    This is, of course, entirely the point of doing what they did.