Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 51 of 76 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Governor's Race 2022

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    So if you vote for Oz and he wins, are you able to complain when he votes against the 2a and strips our rights? And can I then blame you for losing my rights?
    Do you think that Uncle Festerwoman is going to protect our gun rights better than The Lizard of Oz? Do you think that Uncle Festerwoman is going to protect our gun rights at all? If the answer to both of those questions is 'yes', then you should vote for him. The only real way to find out is to elect him but he's already said that he going to eliminate the filibuster so he can curtail our gun ownership as much as possible. I would take him at his word for that. I have no reason not to. If/when The Lizard of Oz takes offense to our gun ownership, then we should blame him for doing so and blame Trump for him being the only option we had.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Do you think that Uncle Festerwoman is going to protect our gun rights better than The Lizard of Oz? Do you think that Uncle Festerwoman is going to protect our gun rights at all? If the answer to both of those questions is 'yes', then you should vote for him. The only real way to find out is to elect him but he's already said that he going to eliminate the filibuster so he can curtail our gun ownership as much as possible. I would take him at his word for that. I have no reason not to. If/when The Lizard of Oz takes offense to our gun ownership, then we should blame him for doing so and blame Trump for him being the only option we had.
    Honestly, I think they would both vote the same way, unless an abortion bill is on the table.

However, the post I replied to was about not voting altogether. I didn't mention voting for Fetterman. It was regarding how it would be someone's fault for not voting for Oz, so I just reversed the scenario.

Also, I already posted before that I am voting for Oz. Although now I have to cheat and use a mail-in ballot because I have to travel for work. And I'll be pissed if I miss the Phillies' World Series win parade, but that'll be in a different thread.

(Carbon County)

Soros Bucks, Private Jets Found in Pennsylvania AG Josh Shapiro’s 11,000-Page Campaign Finance Report

By Beth Brelje October 20, 2022 Updated: October 20, 2022biggersmaller Print

The campaign finance report for Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro, Democrat gubernatorial candidate, is tall enough to ride a rollercoaster. It would take 22 reams of paper to print all 10,983 pages of his most recent campaign finance report.

That’s 55 inches tall.

Within those pages are three contributions totaling $120,000 from the family of far-left billionaire George Soros, who has funded the campaigns of soft-on-crime district attorneys now in office in major cities across the nation.

On June 29, George Soros’ son, Jonathan Soros, who lives in New York, gave Shapiro $10,000. The next day, June 30, Jennifer Soros, Jonathan Soros’ wife, contributed $10,000. On Aug. 8, Andrea Soros, George Soros’ daughter, gave Shapiro $100,000.

The large number of special interest donations may explain why Shapiro has raised significantly more than state senator and Republican gubernatorial candidate Doug Mastriano.

Although Mastriano has some large donations from Pennsylvania-based political action committees—$25,000 from Northeast Leadership Fund, a Republican PAC based in Wilkes-Barre, and $15,000 from Range Resources Energy Independence PAC, which is connected to Pennsylvania’s gas industry—most of Mastriano’s donations come in small amounts from individual donors.

He received $25 from a voter who lives in Shade Gap in Huntingdon County, $50 from someone in Palmyra in Lebanon County, and $30 from a voter in Phoenixville in Chester County.

Shapiro has small donors, too, but much of his money comes from out-of-state individuals with progressive political agendas. His donors are attached to groups like the Service Employees International Union; Swing Left, a political activism group; and Banking for Climate, an initiative of high net worth individuals asking their banks to stop funding fossil fuel expansion.

Spending Matters
    Shapiro has proved himself as a well-connected Democrat fundraiser, with nearly $39 million raised for his campaign, compared to Mastriano’s $3.6 million raised.

While fundraising is vital for campaigning, it is not in the governor’s job description. Governors decide how to allocate money within the state budget.

If campaign spending is an indicator of how candidates will use taxpayer money, Pennsylvania voters may be considering the different spending habits between Shapiro and Mastriano.

Shapiro has promised environmentalists that he will hold polluters accountable. His campaign website says he will invest in zero-carbon technology and set a goal for Pennsylvania to reach net-zero emissions by 2050. Yet his campaign finance report shows Shapiro has expanded his own carbon footprint during the campaign.

In addition to numerous commercial flights, Shapiro paid $116,000 to Leading Edge Aviation of Doylestown, Pennsylvania, a charter service offering private flights in small aircraft with eight reclining leather passenger seats and a sound system for entertainment. He paid Florida-based luxury air charter, ABOVE Private Aviation, more than $23,000, and spent $24,000 on Pennsylvania-based Contrail Inc., another private airplane service.

Shapiro’s report shows travel expenses in San Francisco, Chicago, New York, and Connecticut, as well as Pennsylvania, with stays in rented homes and hotels. In July, the campaign spent over $900 at the Ritz-Carlton in Atlanta. He also paid $5,200 at Four Seasons Hotel in Seattle and $4,815 at Four Seasons Hotel Silicon Valley in East Palo Alto, California.

Mastriano is traveling the state in a camper with expenses including many stops at gas stations and stores such as Sheetz and BJ’s Wholesale Club. When the campaign pays for hotels, it is often a Days Inn or Hampton Inn.

Epoch Times Photo
    Pennsylvania Republican gubernatorial candidate Doug Mastriano speaks to supporters at the Unite and Win Rally at the Wyndham Hotel in Pittsburgh on Aug. 19, 2022. (Jeff Swensen/Getty Images)
    Campaign spending and donations happen every day, so the financial picture is constantly changing, but the state requires candidates to file reports during defined cycles of the race. The numbers included here are based on the most recent Cycle 4 report, covering financial activity from June 7 to Sept. 19, 2022.

As of that date, Shapiro had spent $28 million to get a job that pays $213,000 annually. In other words, Shapiro has spent more than 131 times the annual governor’s salary in the pursuit of the position.

In Pennsylvania, the governor’s office has a four-year term with a limit of two terms. Current Democrat Gov. Tom Wolf is leaving an open seat after completing his second term.

Mastriano has spent just under $1 million according to the Cycle 4 report. It amounts to nearly five times the governor’s annual salary.

It’s common for candidates to spend more than their political office’s yearly salary. When they were campaigning, former President Donald Trump and Wolf both pledged they would not take the annual salaries that came with their positions.

Using Out-of-State Talent
    Shapiro not only receives significant money from out of state, he also looks outside Pennsylvania when hiring most of the services for his campaign.

Shapiro has paid thousands to New York-based Eidolon Communications and JBW Consulting, plus $210,000 to CDT Strategies of Woodside, California, for fundraising consulting.

He has paid $593,000 to Global Strategy Group in New York; $30,000 to North Carolina-based Public Policy Holding; $98,500 to TBD Research of Burbank, California; and $35,000 to Washington-based Spiros Consulting, each for research consulting.

Shapiro paid $68,100 to Weymouth Watson, a Washington firm, for event production and management, plus $3.3 million to GPS Impact in Des Moines, Iowa, for digital consulting and ad production, and more than $956,300 on digital consulting to Ascend Digital Strategies in Boulder, Colorado.

He has purchased some services in Pennsylvania, including $15,000 to SPB Strategies of Pittsburgh for strategic consulting; $12,500 to Cornerstone PR for digital consulting; and $10,500 to Chartiers Group for strategic consulting.

Mastriano, too, has spent money out of state. He has paid C&M Transcontinental of North Carolina $81,000 for campaign consulting; $28,000 to Abundant Life Collective, a St. Louis marketing firm, for event production; and $7,200 to Cape Fear Media LLC in North Carolina for media consulting.

But much of Mastriano’s spending is in state, including $78,700 to Capitol Promotions Inc., a Pennsylvania political yard sign company; $79,400 at Hot Frog Print and Media, a Pennsylvania printing company; and $33,700 to Misfit Creates, a Pennsylvania marketing company, for campaign consulting.

“Money is not everything in politics,” a Mastriano spokesman told The Epoch Times. “That’s why Doug Mastriano won the GOP primary by nearly 25 points against eight opponents who spent $18 million attacking him. The people are a tremendous cudgel against the power of AG Shapiro’s money. While many consider a large war chest an indicator of public support, this view of political fundraising is outdated. As recent history clearly shows, grassroots political support is a far better indicator of election outcomes than dollars raised.”

The Epoch Times reached out to the Shapiro campaign for comment.

The most recent reports show Shapiro still has $11 million left to spend. Mastriano has $2.5 million.
    https://www.theepochtimes.com/soros-..._cmp=rantingly
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

Every ad Ive seen from the left is about killing babies and nothing else. So I guess that is their top priority? smfh
    FJB

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Every ad Ive seen from the left is about killing babies and nothing else. So I guess that is their top priority? smfh
    and pot legalization

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    Honestly, I think they would both vote the same way, unless an abortion bill is on the table.

However, the post I replied to was about not voting altogether. I didn't mention voting for Fetterman. It was regarding how it would be someone's fault for not voting for Oz, so I just reversed the scenario.

Also, I already posted before that I am voting for Oz. Although now I have to cheat and use a mail-in ballot because I have to travel for work. And I'll be pissed if I miss the Phillies' World Series win parade, but that'll be in a different thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    This. Exactly.
    I am not a lawyer.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by buckengr View Post
    I never said it was only your fault. You and anyone else who thinks and acts like you share equally in the blame.

Please no complaints from you on any political topic from here on out.

There are only certain actions that we have available to us as individuals in a peaceable society. Voting when the election might be stolen has the potential to contribute to a positive outcome in your favor and forces the opponent to have to cheat harder and potentially more obviously in order to win. Not voting only ensures that you're contributing nothing to the solution.

You lose nothing by voting anyway. You have yet to point out anything that you gain by sitting it out.

Sorry that logic has made you so upset that you've had to resort to ad hominem.
    Well, no complaining from you then for anything that happens next. I'm not saying the election was secure. Of course it wasn't, but I know for sure that the progressives have won for all of time if everyone who would want to oppose them gives up. If you don't vote, they don't even have to cheat. You give it to them on a silver platter.

Congratulations, you're sealing our fate.

Oh, and no strippers or circle jerks for me. Guess those must have come to mind because of your high morals.
    One of only two outcomes will occur. Either Oz wins or Fetterman will win. No other outcome is realistically possible.

Which outcome is more desirable for you personally? Unless you want Fetterman in office, vote for Oz. Any other action is guaranteed to increase the probability of a negative outcome.

Emotion doesn't matter. Your conscience isn't implicated at all in deciding to vote for the lesser of two evils. No one is going to be convinced to fix the system by your lack of participation in it, so there is no benefit to not voting. It's not a moral issue! It's simple logic.

No one says you have to believe it will change the outcome to a favorable one, but you guarantee the negative outcome by NOT acting.

No ad hominem here. Not once have I attacked the character of a person, only poor arguments in support of a bad strategy.
    While the bolded may not technically be ad hominem, you are blaming everyone who does not decide to do the same thing you decided to do for all future troubles, and telling them they forfeit their rights because of it. I remember reading about something like that happening in Europe in the 1930's.

The thing is, we all know Fetterman will be worse than Oz, but it is still a personal moral issue. I am willing to bet there are things you will not do, despite the fact that one of the choices would be "the lesser of two evils". We all have a line in the sand. To expect someone to cross their line just because it is in a different place than yours is selfish, and serves to take away autonomy of belief, something a conservative should not demand of another person. We have been thru 8 years of Obama, and now going on two years of Brandon with 2 more to go, separated by only 4 years of Trump, yet now not voting for Oz is going to be the ruination of the entire 246 year old Union, and it's all the fault of a few conscientious citizens.

Beyond that, it is simply getting fucking ponderous every few weeks when a new person comes into the thread with the tired old mantra "Not voting for Oz is the same as voting for Fetterman", most then going on to blame those who won't vote for Oz for all the evils coming. Many have hurled vicious ad hominem personal attacks and insults, which generally haven't been returned, calling people everything from "selfish", and "retarded", to "stupid fuckin' morons", and more. Then when it settles down, a few weeks later some newcomer to the thread starts all over again, like he has stumbled into a great revelation, and the way to get the message across is to be snarky and demeaning. You are all just sounding like a bunch of whiny crybabies. "Waaaahh, you won't do what I want! Waaaaah! Stoopid poopyheads!" Let it go already.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

Quote Originally Posted by middlefinger View Post
    and pot legalization
    Haven't seen any of them yet. I get a lot on my roku. None for conservatives.
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    While the bolded may not technically be ad hominem, you are blaming everyone who does not decide to do the same thing you decided to do for all future troubles, and telling them they forfeit their rights because of it. I remember reading about something like that happening in Europe in the 1930's.

The thing is, we all know Fetterman will be worse than Oz, but it is still a personal moral issue. I am willing to bet there are things you will not do, despite the fact that one of the choices would be "the lesser of two evils". We all have a line in the sand. To expect someone to cross their line just because it is in a different place than yours is selfish, and serves to take away autonomy of belief, something a conservative should not demand of another person. We have been thru 8 years of Obama, and now going on two years of Brandon with 2 more to go, separated by only 4 years of Trump, yet now not voting for Oz is going to be the ruination of the entire 246 year old Union, and it's all the fault of a few conscientious citizens.

Beyond that, it is simply getting fucking ponderous every few weeks when a new person comes into the thread with the tired old mantra "Not voting for Oz is the same as voting for Fetterman", most then going on to blame those who won't vote for Oz for all the evils coming. Many have hurled vicious ad hominem personal attacks and insults, which generally haven't been returned, calling people everything from "selfish", and "retarded", to "stupid fuckin' morons", and more. Then when it settles down, a few weeks later some newcomer to the thread starts all over again, like he has stumbled into a great revelation, and the way to get the message across is to be snarky and demeaning. You are all just sounding like a bunch of whiny crybabies. "Waaaahh, you won't do what I want! Waaaaah! Stoopid poopyheads!" Let it go already.
    Since you brought it up, when we lose the filibuster (i.e. the last check on Brandon), I hope you remember your own contributions to the ruination of this 246 year old union.

Could the downfall happen with Oz in power? Of course. But I know how to play the odds. Somehow, that seems lost on you.

Strategy isn't personal. The Democrats know how to play every advantage. Who knew that all they had to do was convince a small group of people that the election was stolen and it would take them completely out of the fight. I'm not saying it wasn't. I'm sure there was cheating, but I also know we don't have the ability to prove its full magnitude or change the outcome retroactively, so it doesn't change how we go forward at this point.

There is going to be an election. One outcome is worse than the other. It is obvious. You are unwilling to take the smallest action to potentially reduce the level of harm to yourself and your fellow citizens. That is selfish and short sighted.

You've completely given up on the framework that our founders created and that we are still (notionally) operating under to some degree. People like you facilitate their victory without them ever having to cheat again. And yes, it's time you own that.
    I am not a lawyer.

Page 51 of 76 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast