Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Governor's Race 2022

Quote Originally Posted by win67 View Post
    I always like to ask these people how exactly not voting is going to make the problem any better...

On a related note, this past Tuesday I was back in PA and met a friend at a church in Northampton County for an event being held outside there. Had to take a leak, went inside to look for the head. Unbeknownst to me, the door I walked through was the entrance to the polls. The nice ladies there asked me for my name so they could check their records. Upon explaining my reason for being there and that I'm not a PA resident, the constable quickly came over and kindly, politely, but firmly, led me out of the room.

So I was glad to see that at least in this particular polling place, they are somewhat serious about stopping the bullshit that goes on in all too many polling places.
    it's the little wins lol at least they were doing their job my area is pretty secure though never any issues other than a ton of democrat pandering.

(Delaware County)

Saw some hit piece on Mastriano on FB sponsored by some leftist PA PAC. It was link to a Huff Post article that Mastriano is an "Insurrectionist" who was "near the Capitol steps" during clashes with Capitol police. Anyway, there were several thousand comments - all from leftists and supposed Republican Never- Mastriano's hammering away at his being at Jan 6th and about his stand on "women's rights" and he's a Nazi...all the usual stuff.

I just hope he can overcome all the bs and stick to the economy, jobs, crime, inflation gas prices, school curriculum, etc., that regular people are most concerned about. This is a race we need to win and can win if we don't fuck it up.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Berks County)

This is as good a place as any to put this. This is kind of what I thought to myself when I saw their ads. That's what happens when your agenda has no good selling points about it.

https://www.aol.com/news/dems-playin...152556725.html

Like a number of so-called MAGA (*Make America Great Again*) candidates across the country, Cox received support from a surprising source: the Democratic Party. The Democratic Governors Association spent more than $1 million to broadcast an ad listing Cox*s far-right credentials that, though it had the tone of an attack ad, was designed to make him more appealing to the GOP*s conservative base ahead of the primary. Similar tactics were used to help pro-Trump candidates win gubernatorial primaries in Pennsylvania and Illinois. Democrats also boosted several far-right GOP candidates pursuing seats in the Senate and House of Representatives, though most lost their primary bids.
    If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. Where do you fall?

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    This is as good a place as any to put this. This is kind of what I thought to myself when I saw their ads. That's what happens when your agenda has no good selling points about it.

https://www.aol.com/news/dems-playin...152556725.html
    My mother in MD called me about this. She said she decided to vote for Cox based on this ad and couldn't understand why it was paid for by the DNC.

Same thing happened to me with Mastreano. I got a mailed saying "He is pro life! He supports the 2nd Amendment! He votes with Trump!" And I'm like...hell yeah! This is my dude! Then I say "Paid for my Democrats for a Crappier Pennsylvania or something.

I predict this tactic is going to backfire biggly.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceballs View Post
    I predict this tactic is going to backfire biggly.
    It may, but it*s doubtful. Walleye and I talked about this during the race: by promoting a candidate that*s further right in the primary, they get a candidate that will have a difficult time gathering broad based/centrist appeal in the general election.

It*s the same reason you see the media calling Shapiro a moderate, even though those who follow politics know he*s far left. Handlers tell him to keep his mouth shut and take the votes of those who have been told mastriano will keep women in cages and he*s out to overthrow an election*
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Westmoreland County)

Shapiro is up +5.7% over Mastriano according to the RCP average as of July 26. Same lead at the end of June.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...piro-7696.html

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334