Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Beaver County)

Default Big Buck Sport Shop

I just "found" this place the other day when leaving the Wexford SGL range. Was going to lunch at Thorn Hill Tap House and had no idea this place was there. It wasn't a big store, but it had quite a bit of guns. I couldn't stay long, but stopped in to see if they had any M5 receivers (they did not). The seemed well staffed and I was actually assisted pretty quickly despite being several customers in there on a Monday at 1:00pm.

I didn't get to do any price comparisons, so I can't say anything on that front. They had assembled Aero Lowers for $230-280ish if I recall. I know prices on parts and rifles are coming down, so that might actually be high.

Has anyone actually done business here before? Experience? Comments?

(Butler County)

Default Re: Big Buck Sport Shop

I typically avoid that place, most staff that work there are giant a-holes. Very arrogant and rude. Dukes Sports Shop in New Castle always gets my business, regardless of the distance.

ETA: You're brave for shooting at the Wexford SGL. If you're in the Wexford/Cranberry area, there are plenty of private clubs you can apply for membership at. DM me if you're interested, I belong to one in the area and I think our membership is open.
    -Brandon

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I've bought a couple of guns there over the years. It's not one of my favorite shops, but I stop in occasionally to browse their used guns. I never had any problems there.

Rude customer service once back in the mid 90s. I have never been back. I hold a grudge....

(Allegheny County)

I bought a few guns from them over the years. 99% of my interactions with sales people have been positive. Keystone shooting center is not to far from there and is another great option to compare and price.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    I typically avoid that place, most staff that work there are giant a-holes. Very arrogant and rude. Dukes Sports Shop in New Castle always gets my business, regardless of the distance.

ETA: You're brave for shooting at the Wexford SGL. If you're in the Wexford/Cranberry area, there are plenty of private clubs you can apply for membership at. DM me if you're interested, I belong to one in the area and I think our membership is open.
    I did see some Google reviews that reflected that. I'm in the Beaver county area and options are limited these days. National Armory isn't rude, but prices are terrible, even before Covid.

As for the SGL, I only go on weekdays and get there early and leave before 12:30. I won't have the time to invest in a club for several years. I'd even drive to the Washington County for that range. That one is awesome!

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Big Buck is OK by me. Never had an issue with staff. On the other hand I do find that some of their customers are the know-it-all, talk loud and weigh in on your conversation type folks. I don't mind some around the cracker barrel conversation at a gun shop but ...

I think their prices are/were reasonable. I impulse-bought a new pistol there a few years ago and didn't feel violated. I also find their powders fairly priced when available. I do recall their pricing on primers (of all things) was way out of whack and this was long before the shortages. Odd. They have more competition nearby so I'd expect them to stay competitive. There's usually an interesting selection of used guns there (in normal times).

Nice little shop. A bit of a pain in the ass to get to as that whole interchange area was designed by idiots for idiots.