Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default Carrying through metal detector

I was at Sesame Place yesterday with the family.

There were some NY plates in the parking lot with guys in red durags smoking weed. Other than that we had a good time, not too crowded and good weather.

They had metal detectors at the entrance, however, no pat downs and from what I saw the metal detectors were ringing for everyone. I wasnt carrying but had my metal belt buckle, coins, and watch on. They do search through all bags.

Would you carry your EDC in a scenario like this?

Default Re: Carrying through metal detector

Quote Originally Posted by Will3212 View Post
    I was at Sesame Place yesterday with the family.

There were some NY plates in the parking lot with guys in red durags smoking weed. Other than that we had a good time, not too crowded and good weather.

They had metal detectors at the entrance, however, no pat downs and from what I saw the metal detectors were ringing for everyone. I wasnt carrying but had my metal belt buckle, coins, and watch on. They do search through all bags.

Would you carry your EDC in a scenario like this?
    Jesus, that place has changed. I remember going there in the late 80's through mid 90s as a kid.

To answer your question, if they have prominent signage about guns, no. But I would make a point not to go to such places in the future.

(Columbia County)

Did they searched those who set of the metal detector or told them to empty their pockets/remove items and walk through again? If so it's a no go for EDC. Especially if they posted no guns signs.

(Washington County)

I wear a large metal belt buckle and at concerts I would flash that and not get a pat down or closer look after setting off a metal detector or wand. I always figured I could just tuck a subcompact gun behind the belt buckle and be good to go if I wanted to.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    Did they searched those who set of the metal detector or told them to empty their pockets/remove items and walk through again? If so it's a no go for EDC. Especially if they posted no guns signs.
    They do not wand, empty pockets, or make people walk through again. There is a policy on the website saying no weapons.

If leaving wasn't and option, I would have carried. Bad guys always carry their gun in man bags. Its the new thug way.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

They do not wand, empty pockets, or make people walk through again. There is a policy on the website saying no weapons.
    I am not a lawyer, but if there was not prominent signage at the entrance, I would have carried. Screw it. Not my responsibility to check their website for a weapons policy. IDGAF about their politically-correct wishes, IGAF about what's going to happen to me if they call the cops for carrying with a LTCF.
    Last edited by ShadeRabbit; June 17th, 2021 at 04:24 PM.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

At PNC Park, you open up your backpack and they glance inside the main compartment. They might give the bottom of the bag a squeeze, but they don't check the pockets. You zip up the bag and set it on the table next to the metal detector as you walk through. Then when you're walking up the spiral ramp to the upper deck, you discretely retrieve your pistol from the backpack and slip it into your pocket. Theoretically.

(Wayne County)

What would actually happen if security does find a holstered CC pistol when going through check point and cops are called after showing your LTCF? Do they just ask you to leave your gun on car? Put you in cuffs or what?

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

What would actually happen if security does find a holstered CC pistol when going through check point and cops are called after showing your LTCF? Do they just ask you to leave your gun on car? Put you in cuffs or what?
    AFAIK, they just tell you you can't come in.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast